- Part 7

Departing from the elevator, Taiga rushed towards Rikou Clothing and skidded to a halt seeing Katsumi kneeling on the ground after being killed by John.

"K-Kou-chan!"

She rushed over, helping her friend get back up on her feet. Katsumi's visor wasn't on anymore, a clear sign she was dead.

"Taiga-chan... don't fight John-san... h-he... he's not worth it..."

"I know, Yuuto-san already told me... tell me, what did he do to you?"

"Takanori-kun did...? Thank goodness... um, well, John-san dealt me twelve damage, e he he..."

Katsumi laughed to try and hide the pain. Taiga's eyes widened.

"How's that even possible?!"

"I was at five damage and couldn't guard a seven critical attack..."

"S-seven critical?!"

"Yeah... his deck can do that... um, very easily."

There was a glaze of fear in Katsumi's eyes when she glanced at John. Taiga gritted her teeth.

"...I'll handle things from here. You go get some rest, okay?"

"O-okay... good luck, by the way!"

Entrusting the rest of her fighting spirit to Taiga, Katsumi made her way to the mall's exit. Once she was out of sight, Taiga narrowed her eyes and turned towards John and Albert.

"Bruv, you mans wanna handle dis? Mans don't think she's gonna fight mans now dat Katsumi chick told her about mans raw sauce, papap."

Albert cracked his knuckles.

"Leave it to me."

"Safe my G, ya done kno!"

Albert took a step forward, casting a shadow over Taiga, who took a step back. The size difference between these two was unnerving, to say the least.

Height wise, Taiga came up to around my shoulder. Since I was 169cm, that would make her around ~140cm, as a rough estimate. Albert, however, was around 7ft tall, meaning he was at least 213cm. He was possibly even taller than that, since his height was also an estimate.

In other words, Taiga barely came up to his chest. Albert was legitimately double her size.

Even if she was a midget in size compared to Albert, Taiga's fighting spirit was just as large as his, if not, even larger. She gulped and stepped forward, bravely looking up at him to lock visors with Albert.

"Let's fight, Obama-kun!"

As usual, Albert simply nodded menacingly.

"Stand up, Vanguard!"

"Crisis Revenger, Fritz."

"Knight of Early Dawn, Coel!"

To my surprise, the information D Class had given us looked right so far. Daman, the card Albert was listed with using, was from Shadow Paladin, like Fritz.

"First Turn: Demiza Taiga."

"Stand and draw! I ride Scout of Darkness, Vortimer!"

For the record, Taiga's riding from the Ride Deck. She just doesn't announce it like the others.

"Scout's skill, I check top seven and add a Black Dragon Knight, Vortimer to my hand! Coel's skill, I draw a card. Turn end!"

Taiga:
Hand: 7
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO