- Part 7

"S-see you, Takanori-san!"

"See you, Shimizu-san."

I waved her goodbye as we parted ways and went to our respective classes.

Since I had come later than usual due to what happened in the corridor and helping out Shimizu, most people were already in class. I half expected some people to come up to me and bombard with questions, but instead no one seemed to bat an eye my way.

It was hard to believe our class had been divided only a week ago. Everyone was chatting away happily in their cliques as usual, like nothing had ever happened. Their troubles were seemingly nonexistent now that the war (both in our class and against D Class) was over.

I quietly made my way to the back of the class and sat down in my seat. Like always, Nora was sat in front of me, lost in his own world while reading a book. I could've greeted him, but decided not to bother him.

Instead, I cast my gaze towards Matsushita and Sakigamiya, who were standing around in the centre of the class talking to their friends. People like Katsumi and Taiga, who sided with me in our civil war, were now included in their conversations once more.

While I was glad that those two were accepted again by Sakigamiya, I couldn't help but feel like there was something slimy about the way she treated them.

Matsushita told a joke, Sakigamiya laughed, Katsumi followed, and so did everyone else. It was like a shepherd herding sheep.

I really hate popular people.

"Yuu, good morning!"

Interrupting my thoughts was Yukina, who cheerfully greeted me as she took her seat next to mine.

"Oh, Yukina. Morning."

I noted that, while Sakigamiya noticed Yukina enter class, she didn't bother to greet her.

"How was your weekend?"

"Pretty uneventful."

I decided not to tell her about my fight with Kishou and my encounter with Shimada.

"I read a couple books and that was about it."

"That's all? I guess you followed my advice at least..."

Yukina breath a sigh of relief. Was my work ethic something she needed to worry about?

"Anyways, we've got a lot of work to do this month. I was hoping we'd get more class points this month, but 20 is a start."

Right now, Yukina was sharply focused on her bet with Yogen. She looked determined to win, even if the odds were against her.

"We were lucky to even get that many in the first place."

"Yeah... though, I think the fact our civil war ended shortly helped contribute to us getting more Cl."

"You think so?"

"Mhm. If we were still infighting, then we'd probably get less points. But since one of us recognised this was only going to hurt our class in the long run - a.k.a, you - the S System rewarded us for sorting out our issues and coming to a compromise that benefitted everyone... mostly."

Yukina added that little caveat at the end.

"Since B Class lost Cl, you're probably right. They're the only class that's still bickering amongst themselves."

While A Class and C Class weren't united like D Class, both of them operated mostly with a policy of individualism, which meant no one really got in each other's way, as everyone was off doing their own thing.