- Part 3

I parted ways with Zyriot and Shimizu, returning to E Class.

I wasn't sure what to expect upon entering the classroom, but I could feel the tense atmosphere inside while standing outside the door. I quietly took a deep breath.

Once entering the classroom, I would have to argue my way to survive. I would need to convince everyone else of my innocence using the videos Yogen and Mikitaka uploaded. I'll admit, I was nervous, but that was because I wasn't good at talking to others.

To make up for it, I would need to show them my conviction. If I even faltered for a second, they would latch onto that weakness and rip me to shreds for it. They could hurl whatever abuse and accusations at me, but as long as I kept a level head and belief in my own innocence, it wouldn't affect me one bit.

I steeled my mind as I pushed open the door.

When I entered, everyone's gazes fell on me. Their stares were silently judging me with their own personal thoughts. They were either allies or enemies, and I couldn't tell which was which, except for a small handful I trusted in.

Without any words being exchanged, I walked straight to my seat. As I did, Matsushita got up and blocked me.

For the first time, I saw a hateful expression on Matsushita's usually smiling face.

"Excuse me."

Even as I said that, Matsushita wouldn't budge. He put his phone in front of me.

"Did you betray E Class?"

Unexpectedly, this was the angle Matsushita was attacking me with next. Soon, Sakigamiya stood up in support.

"Takanori... I can't believe you could be so low..."

I hadn't anticipated an argument of this sort to play out. I thought I'd have to fight tooth and nail to clear my name, not deal with another rumour. Confused about what this was about now, I decided to ask them about it.

"Where's this coming from?"

"Isn't it obvious? This video that was posted on the app today."

Matsushita pointed at his phone. Displayed on the screen was Yogen's video. Slowly, I pieced the puzzle together. It seems like they were accusing me of betraying E Class because I had gotten an A Class student to stick up for me.

I guess it makes sense why they shifted to this argument. It was unfathomable that I, someone who was alone and hated, could somehow convince an A Class student to work together with me. Unfortunately, they've blatantly ignored Yogen's capricious personality that enabled her to do this without reservation.

Regardless, Matsushita minimising her role to being an anonymous A Class student actually benefitted him as most people wouldn't check the specific details of the person who posted it, such as their motives or their personality. Just leaving it at "they were from A Class and helped Takanori" was more than enough to make people suspicious of me. Ignorance is bliss, after all.

He probably did this because if we continued discussing whether or not I was guilty, I'd have the advantage with the all new evidence which came out recently. He recognised this was a losing battle and gave up on it. That's why, by switching the topic to this, he was essentially making me fight on his turf once more.

It was a sly but clever tactic to change accusations. However, they had given me something vital for my plans in the long term. And it was a chance.

A chance to fight back.

"That video? The one showing that you blatantly lied in front of the class? What about it, Matsushita-san?"

I decided to hit him with the first bullet I loaded ever since I concocted the plan. Posting this surveillance footage would show everyone that Matsushita had lied yesterday when retelling the events that had happened Monday morning.