- Part 5

After two more tedious lessons, it was lunch time. I was going to hold another training session, but...

Instead, I was dragged along by everyone else to go eat lunch with them. While me and Nora could go lunch time without eating, Katsumi and Mitsuba insisted on going to the cafeteria and buying something to eat. Everyone else was feeling hungry too, so instead of play testing our new decks, we decided to have lunch.

Since I was here, I figured I would at least buy the free veggie meal to chomp on. Yukina, Akari, and Nora went to go find us a place to eat since they brought bentos, or weren't eating at all in Nora's case. Meanwhile, I stood in line with Katsumi, Mitsuba, Akihiro, Kawaguchi, and Yukimura.

Yukimura had no interest in our Vanguard talk due to his make-up midterms, but since it was just eating lunch, he decided to tag along with us. Thankfully, nothing troublesome happened while we were waiting, and we swiftly got our food before wandering back over to Yukina, Akari, and Nora, who secured a table near the back.

Surprisingly, there was another girl on the table, Tadokoro. She was quietly eating a free veggie meal next to Akari.

"Hey! Look who we found!"

It seems Akari sat on the table Tadokoro was at in order to get her involved in our training. I didn't mind since Tadokoro was part of Akari's platoon, so it was only natural she wanted to inform her of what was going on.

"Um... hi..."

Tadokoro, who was overwhelmed by the number of people here, quietly shrunk back. I felt kind of bad for her. Did she always eat lunch alone? I thought she might eat lunch with someone like Himeji since they shared the gardening hobby.

"She's not good with talking to people."

Akari explained the reason why Tadokoro was so reserved. Well, seeing as Nora, another quiet person, was also here, it didn't seem to be a problem for anyone else. Kawaguchi sat next to Tadokoro.

"It's cool, as long as she doesn't mind us eating with her."

"I-it's fine! I don't mind at all."

I took a seat at the end, right across Yukina. I started to eat slowly, watching as everyone else talked to each other. Losing interest in what they were discussing, I scanned the cafeteria to see who was here.

In particular, I was keeping an eye out for Yogen. It felt weird putting my guard up during lunch, but it was unfortunately necessary due to what happened yesterday. If she were to come over to us again, I'd have to turn her away. However, I did notice that two tables in front of us, Sakigamiya and her friends were eating lunch. Matsushita wasn't present, strangely enough.

I couldn't hear their conversation due to the loud bustling of the cafeteria, but I could see that things were getting heated by Sakigamiya's exaggerated hand movements and narrowed eyes. It seems she was arguing with Demiza, who looked just as sassy, as she was rudely pointing at Sakigamiya while speaking and putting her hands on her hips.

I munched on spinach while watching the two girls argue. Hono and Misogi tried to diffuse the situation, but neither Sakigamiya or Demiza were having it. They continued to argue until Demiza finally had enough, took her stuff, and left the table with an agitated face.

Sakigamiya snarled, crossing her arms, and throwing one last cheap shot at Demiza as she took her leave. From what I could tell by reading her lips, Sakigamiya had called Demiza a "traitor". Demiza bit down on her bottom lip and ran off, tray of food in hand.

"Yukina, could you look after my food for me? I'm going to get some napkins."

I got up, wandering over to Demiza who had moved to an empty table, picking at her food whilst grumbling to herself. Sitting down across from her, she looked at me with down trodden eyes.