- Part 9

A bewitching and sadistic smile emerged on Chabashira-sensei's lips.

"You've finally crumbled under the pressure, huh?"

Taunting me, Chabashira-sensei snapped me out of my panic.

"...for a moment, maybe."

I took a deep breath, calming myself. If I let this much get to me, there was zero chance I'd be able to lead the class in the future. I had to keep a levelled head in order to make critical and informed decisions.

Even though I was overwhelmed by everything that was happening at once, if I broke it down into small chunks, I could easily work my way through them and solve each problem in order of priority. As such, my first order of business was to open a communication line to Akihiro, who was still waiting in the kitchen of Yuzu Cafe.

"Akihiro-san, we've found Zyriot-san. He's on the top floor, near the karaoke parlour, fighting Rinbayashi-san right now. Please hurry there quickly."

"Roger that, I'm on my way now!"

I could see on the cameras Akihiro dashing towards the elevators.

"Be careful, on the bottom floor, there might be some D Class students roaming around. Akari-san was killed by one moments earlier."

"Yeah, I saw. Which route should I take then?"

"To avoid any, your safest bet is sticking to the right hand side of the building and making a zigzag for the elevators at the turning point."

"Gotcha, I'll be there in a flash!"

With a confident smirk, Akihiro sped up his pace and sprinted down the ground floor. I turned my attention to Zyriot and his mysterious quadruple kill on the Matsushita platoon.

"Chabashira-sensei, what did Zyriot-san do to kill four people at once?"

"Take a look for yourself."

Chabashira-sensei opened a replay tab showing me the fight Zyriot had been involved in. To my surprise, it was a 4 vs 1, with Zyriot fighting Matsushita, Sakigamiya, Hono, and Misogi, all at the same time.

"What the...? You can fight multiple opponents at once in the war?"

"That's right."

"How does it even work?"

"It's quite simple. When a single player, in this case Zyriot-san, is fighting multiple people, referred to as the group, the system will create a separate board for them, one for each person in the group."

In Zyriot's case, he had four boards in front of him, since he was fighting four enemies. That meant that, instead of all of them fighting one Zyriot, like I had originally imagined, they were instead dealing with one Zyriot each, essentially.

"The single player will fight the group simultaneously in a rotation, so that each fight is fairly distributed time wise. It is the single player's responsibility to respond to each fighter in the group and to memorise or keep up with each different game state going on at the time. By winning in this style of fight, the single player receives additional bonuses and rewards at the end of the war."

"What happens if one person from the group beats the single player though?"

"If the single player gets beaten, all other fights cease, and the single player is dead. However, if the single player kills someone from the group, only that fight against them ends. The single player must continue to fight the rest and kill all of them before the fight can end."

"That sounds like a hassle... but also an impressive feat."

With the two biggest issues out of the way, I wanted to focus on my primary concern, that is, what was occurring on the middle floor. I opened a communication line to Yukina.