The Wedding Night

I was thrown up against the wall of our cottage. Ferox was placing his hands all over me, his tongue was in my mouth and and my amazing dress was being lifted by his hands.

He stopped kissing for a moment to take his shirt off. I had to do something to so my love for him so I unbuttoned his trousers. Then his hands moved to my dress and untied the bow at the back. It fell off me and onto the floor round my ankles. His lips were back on mine as he undid my corset.

Before I knew it I was raised back up the wall with my bare legs wrapped around his bare waist. Ferox carried me over to our wedding bed and we fell onto it, the covers creasing around us as we did so. His hands moved all over my body: over my chest; down my arms.

I was doing my best to act like I was enjoying it as he moaned into a kiss.

Our breath was getting faster and faster. The room was getting hotter and hotter. The fire inside me was cold. I felt cold. He felt cold.

***

When it was over, we lay on the covers, breathing intensely. I felt exposed and dirty. I wanted Wymond.

I felt Ferox's hand in mine as he reached down to grab the covers and pulled them over us. He gave me what would have been a soft kiss if it wasn't for the fact that I didn't love him. I made myself smile however.

"How was that?" He asked.

What sort of question was that? "I have never done that before!" I attempted to sound thrilled with the fact that someone I didn't love had just fucked me.

"Come're." He said and pulled my body into his chest. I went tense and he felt it. "What is wrong?" He whispered, smoothing my hair down.

"Oh, nothing." I said, forcing myself to relax.

"I love you, Hilda."

***

Ferox meant that. He really did.

***

As his breathing leveled, I slipped out of bed. I creeped to the chest of drawers and carefully opened the first one. Inside was some of my riding gear. I silently put on the trousers and the top and made my way to the door.

Outside I could feel the panic setting in. When he planned this, I din't think he thought about Ferox potentially waking and finding I was not there. I didn't have a choice though, I was a risk taker after all!

***

Under the stars, Wymond had enough light to see, so when a familiar, friendly shape ran through the door of the cottage and jumped into his arms, he wasn't surprised and could see she wasn't right.

"Hey, hey." He soothed. Hilda was crying

"I- we- he-" she tried to say.

"Hey. It's alright. You are safe now." He cradled her and calmed her down.

"I can't go back there. Not when he's in there. I feel dirty. Cold. Scared. Help me." She was shaking. How dare that man make her feel that way.

"I am helping you. Just hold out for a few more days. We need to talk properly tomorrow. Go for a ride if you can and we will meet in our usual spot."

She nodded and obviously didn't want to question anything so she let it got.

"Here," he said and placed a long, deep, gentle kiss on his wife's lips, "that should get you through."

Hilda smiled and buried her face into his neck.

"I love you, I love you, I love you." He knew she meant it.

"I love you."

***

Ferox woke to Hilda crawling back into bed. She set a kiss on his lips and his hand moved down her spine, feeling every part of her skin.

"Where did you go?" He asked with a heavy voice, filled with tiredness.

"I was looking at the stars. Come." Hilda gathered the bed sheets around her and gestured for him to follow her.

At the window, Ferox could see why she was looking at them. They are beautiful. They used remind him of being out in the battlefield at night, counting losses. But here, with Hilda, he felt at peace.

He tugged at the sheet and Hilda let him share it. He wrapped his arms around her and her head fell to his bare chest.

"They are beautiful." He said.

***

He really is not playing this as well as Wymond did. I thought. Doesn't matter I suppose, just another reason why Wymond is better than you are!