Hermione gathered Crookshanks up and made her way to the girl's dormitory.

Y/n sighed and looked to Harry and Ron. They were back to whispering once again.

── ──

On Saturday morning, Y/n got dressed and went down to breakfast where she met up with her friends.

"Hey!" Alicia greeted her as Y/n sat down across from her. Y/n smiled at her. The group of six began to plan their trip.

And they bid goodbye to the twins as they made their way to Hogsmeade.

Whereas the twins stayed behind.
But not for long.

Once at Hogsmeade, they made their way to look at some pets. Apparently Alicia had been wanting one, but she couldn't choose.

Y/n tapped Fred and pointed to a picture of a Grindylow. "Look, love, it's you!" She told him, grinning. He laughed and posed beside the photo. "They sure got my good side."

"Sure they did." She laughed. Alicia walked back over and shook her head. "Didn't find anything." She sighed and they all walked out.

"Just, don't get a rat. Or a cat." George told her and he couldn't help but laugh. "Perhaps a rabbit." Y/n suggested and Alicia hummed. "Maybe next time."

Hand in hand, they stared at a few dresses from a shop window. The boys went off to Zonko's. They agreed to meet up to get ice cream.

And so, they ended the trip with ice cream and soon broke away from the twins as they headed back to Hogwarts.

── ──

Y/n watched as Ron sped past her towards Snape's office. He was clearly out of breath.

"Never seen him run that fast..." she muttered and quietly laughed to herself.

She headed to the library and dropped off a book that she had borrowed for an essay.

Then when she headed towards the common room, she saw Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Come to gloat? Or did you just tell on us?" Ron hissed. Y/n stepped up the stairs. "No. I thought you'd want to know." She said as she held a letter in hand.

"Hagrid lost his case. Buckbeak's going to be executed." She told them.

"He... he sent me this." Harry took the letter from her and Y/n walked over. "He lost the case?" She questioned, in disbelief. Hermione nodded.

"They can't do this!" Harry said. "They can't, Buckbeak isn't dangerous!"

"Malfoy's dad frightened the committee into it." Hermione informed them.

Ron fiercely said that they'll help with the appeal this time. Hermione flung her arms around him and apologized about Scabbers.

So, they made. "I'll help too..." Y/n sighed and puffed her cheeks. "And I'm sorry... about how I've been treating you." She muttered just loud enough for her to hear.

Hermione smiled, her eyes were glowing with tears, she was happy to have her friends back.

── ──

"Have you ever seen something more pathetic?" Y/n heard Malfoy say as he was watching Hagrid speak to Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Yourself." Y/n spoke from behind him, eyes narrowed.

She saw Harry and Ron making their way up to Malfoy but Hermione got there first as she smacked him right across the face with all the strength she could muster.

Brought back childhood memories for Y/n.

Hermione raised her hand again. "Don't you dare call Hagrid pathetic, you foul, you evil"

"Hermione." Ron said as he tried to grab her hand but she swung back. "Get off, Ron!"

Hermione pulled out her wand and Malfoy stepped backwards. But he stepped back into the chest of Y/n.

She looked down at him, staring at him menacingly.

Crabbe and Goyle waited for instructions. "C'mon." Malfoy said and they left.

"Hermione, I didn't know you had that in you!" Y/n spoke, stunned and impressed.

"You two better beat him in the Quidditch finals." She told them. "I can't stand it if Slytherin wins."

"We will. Now, you three head to class and I have to head to mine." Y/n waved them off and she ran off to her class.