XXV

Over the course of the next few days Haruta and I weren't allowed to do anything. We constantly had nurses and crewmates checking in on our health. The only time we were alone was at night. Most of those were restless though. We comforted each other as the nightmares brought back memories. Slowly we were getting better. After a few more days they started letting us do stuff.

I walked into the dinning hall only for it to go completely silent. I saw the other commanders huddled around Haruta and figured they were planning something, but why was the whole crew in on it? When I got closer to the group they all turned around and smiled widely. "What are you guys doing?" I asked. "Nothing!" They all said at the same time. "Okay then." I said and walked out on deck.

I walked closer to Pops chair and the nurses stopped gossiping. "Pops do you know what's going on? Any time I walk into a room it goes completely silent." I said. "I do." Pops said grinning. "Can you tell me?", "No." He responded. "Why not?", "Because I can't." I groaned not getting the answer. "Do you guys know too?" I asked the nurses. "We do Commander." They said. "You're not gonna tell me either?" I asked. "Yup." They all replied.

Meanwhile down in the dinning hall. "Do you think she'd like this one?" Izo asked holding a ring they found in the treasure. "No." Haruta said continuing to look through the rings they'd bring up. "Maybe I should just buy her one on the next island." He said. "I like that idea better. I'll help you." Izo said. "Can you get her ring size?" Haruta asked Izo. "Sure, I can do that for you." He replied. "Thank you." Haruta replied.