XXIV

It was a few days before we woke up. One thing that was constant was our division members coming in to check on us. When we woke up nobody was in the room. Haruta was the first to wake up. He looked around not remembering this being the room we fell asleep in, it looked familiar. That's when it hit him; We were back on the Moby. He was so shocked he didn't notice me sitting up next to him.

"We're home." I said, my voice as soft as a whisper. Haruta nodded and pulled me onto his lap. I buried my face in his chest and cried, thankful that we were home. He buried his face in my hair and did the same.

Izo opened the door and the moment he saw us he couldn't help but break down into tears. He ran over and hugged us both tightly. Not long after the other commanders walked in and did the same. They blamed themselves for what happened to us. Thatch brought us both food while the others informed Pops that we were awake.

Later that night Pops walked in our room, with the other commanders following. While Marco was checking up on us Pops spoke. "I'm sorry we let this happen." "It isn't your guys fault though." Haruta and I said. "Yes, it is." Pops said. "How so?" Haruta asked. Pops went on explaining, but one sentence stood out to us. "The night I brought you two, to the ship I saw the branding on your backs." He said. Hearing that shocked all the commanders. "Look at you guys now. You got dragged back into that hellhole. I feel like a horrible Father."

"Don't say that Pops. You've done a lot more for us than our biological families did. Haruta and I are childhood friends. Our families couldn't stand us. So the day my parents left I was going to walk over and tell Haruta's family, but when I opened the door he beat me to it. Our families left us when we were three. So don't say that Pops." I said, sadly. "I'm sorry that happened." We heard a voice speak up.

"It's fine. If none of that happened we would have never met you guys." Haruta and I both said, and that's when they all hugged us again.