XXII

Haruta glanced at me worried. Over the time we had been here we got gotten a lot thinner from the lack of food. They wouldn't feed us as punishment, our wounds wouldn't heal, we were both so weak. I laid in his arms. The cage was cold. "Just remember I love you (y/n)." He whispered. "I love you too." I whispered back. It was the moments like this, the times we were alone together in this hell hole that made it somewhat barrable.

     We didn't have Celestial Dragons threatening us, talking down to us, or beating us in these short moments. We both hoped to escape soon or have someone come get us, whichever happened first. We heard something hitting the bars of the other cages not long after the door to ours opened. A laugh echoed against the walls as the man walked in holding a whip.

     He hit us over and over again speaking down to us. He walked forward and said, "This is for escaping all those years ago." Before kicking me in the ribs then doing the same to Haruta. Once the man was satisfied he left, leaving us in pain. Later two servants came and got us, taking us to a bathroom. There was already water in the tub waiting for us. The servants took our cuffs off and left the bathroom so we had some privacy. Haruta and I both undressed.

     We hated seeing each other bruised and beaten, but we knew there was nothing we could do. They'd only increase the others' punishment. "Come here Haruta." I said my voice just barely above a whisper. He nodded and walked closer. The servants had walked into the room just in time to see me healing his bruises. Our heads snapped in their direction, looks of terror and regret plastered on our faces. "We won't tell." They said quickly. Relief washed over our faces and we both stepped in the tub and sat down, Haruta held me in his arms. "Honestly, we've been getting in contact with your crew to get you guys home." They confessed. "Thank you!" We both said on the brink of tears. "You guys are so welcome. We feel bad that you two are stuck here, especially after all you guys went through as kids." The older servant said.

     They left giving us time to wash and get dressed again. They came back and put the cuffs back on. This time we were brought to a room, not the cell.