The Choice

You sat there, staring into the unblinking eyes of seven men. Clearing your throat, you shifted slightly.

"So..." You started before you got cut off.

"Y/n, I know this is a huge decision, but take your time. You don't have to give us an answer just yet." It was at these moments that Jin's maturity shone through. Everyone else nodded and you sighed in relief.

"Thanks, guys. Tha-"

"SIKE! You have only a week's time to decide," Jin said, laughing his windshield wiper laugh.

"But that's not fair!" You protested. It was definitely not fair.

"Nothing's fair in love and war, y/nie," sang Jimin. He got up from his seat and came closer to me. Everyone else held their breaths, waiting to see what he'd do.

Sitting next to me, he booped my nose before taking my hand. "Listen, y/n. You are my best friend. You listen to all my problems and give me good advice. You always take care of me. You are literally the cutest person I've ever met-" Tae's whine interrupted him. Jimin threw him an apologetic look and turned back to you "-and I would be honoured if you chose me."

As soon as Jimin finishes speaking, everyone else rushed forward, pulling my hands and going on about how much they loved you.

You were dumbstruck. These were seven boys that people would die or kill for, girls and boys alike. The most successful band in the whole world. The biggest influence on the current generation. Above all, your best friends.

And here they were, at your feet asking you a very important question.

"Please tell us, y/n. Who is your bias?"

"WAIT!" Everyone turned to look at the youngest, who looked like he just won the lottery. "I have an idea on how we could help y/n decide!" He squealed, excited.

"How?" Tae asked from beside Jungkook, rolling his eyes.

Ignoring the antics of his hyung, Jungkook continued. "We can all write y/n a song which shows her what we like about her and what she means to us. Then, we'll take turns singing it, or rapping it, and let her decide which one she likes best. It would be like choosing her favourite song from one of our albums!" He finished off with a stupid grin.

During his speech, you noticed the faces of half the members lighting up, while the other half stood there with a defeated look on their face.

Of course! Writing songs came easy to some of them, not to everyone. This was a stupid idea. But before you could voice out, everyone agreed to it, baffling you.

Didn't they just-

"Guys, you don't need to do-"

"Of course we do, y/n!" WHAT WAS WITH EVERYONE CUTTING ME OFF TODAY?!

"We love our army so much-"

"And you were-"

"Our first-"

"Army-"

"Ever."

"Did you guys practice that or something?"

"Or something. The point is, we are doing this, no matter what you say. Get ready to be dazzled!" Namjoon finished off with a wicked grin.

Boy this was going to be a long week.

****

The whole week, all the boys seemed extremely busy. They were locked up in their own studios trying to find good lyrics to write and good melodies to go with those lyrics.