Final Part of Jace and Sarah

Jace's POV

I look around at the dance floor. Bopping my head as Sarah sways her hips to the music. It's my first prom where I'm going with someone I actually want to.

I know this sounds hypocritical of me when I say that Sarah is one of the most beautiful people I've met, but the past week of planning how to get our revenge on the so called "Percabeth" has brought us closer. 

I realized that her caramel skin and full lips bring more attention to me than Annabeth ever could have, not that she isn't gorgeous. And that scares me because we never worked. 

I move closer to Sarah and put my hand out as an offering to pull her closer as the song changes moods. Her head rests on my shoulder, and I tentatively place my chin on top of her head,  causing her body to press up against mine.

This is part of our plan, of course. So why does my breath hitch when she looks up at me with her big, dark eyes. I'm not sure I'll be able to go through the plan with her staring at me like this.

Sadly, her eyes break away as she turns her head to the double doors in the cafeteria, as a large group of attractive people enters, turning the heads of everyone on the dance floor. Leading the group is none other than Percy Jackson and his fan squad of friends. 

It's been over a week since Annabeth and Percy kissed in front of Sarah, making her feel embarrassed and ashamed, but the anger still burns in the pit of my stomach. Sarah's lips form an o shape as she looks up and down at the leading couple that entered and she turns her head into my shoulder. 

They're all wearing matching outfits that compliment the special features of their eyes. Jason, Nico, Hazel, Frank, and Piper also showed up with Percy and Annabeth. After hitting on Frank's girlfriend last week, I realized how much of a douche bag I used to be. Comforting Sarah after her crisis helped me realize what's important to me.

Yes, I know exactly how cliche that sounds, but she makes me a better person. I apologized to Frank, Nico, and Hazel while I helped them tour the school a few days ago. Nico was the hardest to convince that I really meant my apology, but thank goodness his sister was there to calm him down.

I glance down at Sarah and smile. I don't know how I fell so hard and so fast. 

It might be the way she twirls her soft hair or tugs on her sweater sleeves or just her joyous laugh, but everything she does makes me forget about everyone else in the room. Ultimately, I forgot about Annabeth and all of that drama, shaming myself for how much I wanted a taken girl. My stomach twists at the thought of someone else wanting to be with Sarah. 

"Jace?" I'm snapped out of my thoughts as I turn around to see Percy Jackson looking cleaned up in a dark gray suit and sea green tie. His friends separated, but close by. 

I release my grip on Sarah and head over to the corner of the dance floor with Percy. 

"Look man, before you say anything, I want to apologize about everything that happened lately. I acted really irrational and honestly wouldn't blame you if you punched me in the face." I don't usually confess my feelings so straightforward, but he deserves it.

"As promising as that sounds, I forgive you," he chuckles at my astonished face.  "I'm not an unreasonable man, unless you're messing with my girl. I can see you understand by the way you look at Sarah though."

I never thought anyone could see how I felt for her, but I guess I never thought about how my heated gazes looked from an outsiders perspective. 

"I know it's only been a week, and we aren't even dating, but I feel like I love her," I sigh at yet another confession. 

"I feel for you man, trust me," is his only response as he stares longingly at the head of blonde curls standing on the other side of the room. 

"Nico told me about your apology, and I thought that was really big of you Jace. I'm glad your head is screwed on right now."

I don't take that as an insult cause he's right: I was way beyond crazy. 

"Yea, well if you thought I was crazy before, Sarah and I had come up with this killer plan to get you and Annabeth separated and break you guys up. Sarah has some weird voodoo powers that she was telling me about. I guess she can kind of control how you feel about someone. But we're all past that, well at least I am." I'm out of breath and stare at Percy who has a strange look on his face. "Us planning your downfall actually made us closer, so thanks."

"Don't worry, it's not the first time someone's tried something like that," he chuckles at the memory. Then his head turns towards me. "Did Sarah happen to mention anything else about her weird powers?"

My heart pounds at his question. I could just lie easily, but I think back to our conversation about demigods, where I called her crazy. "She has dyslexia and ADHD, but it probably has nothing to do with it," I lead on, trying to bait Percy into whatever he's hiding.  

His eyes turn bright and he drags me to his friends. He whispers something in Annabeth's and Piper's ears, causing them to turn with a look of surprise plastered on their faces. 

"What about you?" Percy asks me. 

"My mom remarried, claiming that my dad left because he couldn't handle the fact that I had dyslexia." I never shared that out loud before, and the somewhat daunting task dissipates as the rest of Percy's friends show understanding looks on their face. 

Surprisingly, Piper responds first, "Yea, that makes sense. Could you introduce me to your friend? I'd love to talk to you both for a little bit." I nod my head and navigate through the crowd, my heart melting at the sight of Sarah dancing by herself to "When I was your Man" By Bruno Mars.

She looks up and her eyes lock with mine with a smile, until she sees Piper behind me, and her frown returns. 

I reach out my hand and pull her towards me. "This is Piper, she has something to talk to us about," I say to Sarah. 

--

"It all makes sense now," Sarah responds when Piper is done. "I always wondered why I felt so strange, but I can't believe we're sisters! That is so amazing."

Piper shows a small smile. "It's very exciting, and we'll be able to settle you both in to your cabins soon." Piper's smile turns fierce, "but if you even think about messing with Annabeth and Percy again, all of our siblings will ruin you and our mother will disown you." She stares down Sarah and I can see her visibly gulp. 

Sarah smiles sheepishly, "Don't worry, I don't think that will be happening anytime soon," is her only response as she curls under my arm around her shoulder and nudges her head further in. 

"It won't be," I respond, as I push some of her hairs behind her ears. "Thank you."

Finally done with that :)

This was not the ending I imagined, but I realized this whole story was not written very well and I don't feel like re-doing it. Instead, I'll be adding more chapters. Feel free to comment and like this chapter. Thank youuuu

Sorry for making y'all wait so long.

Also, please check out the info on Swan Lake, my new book, if you're into some good romance and plot twists.