Welcome to the Pride Parade!

As many places are still without parades this year due to the parallelogram ('pandemic' but IYKYK), we are hosting one of the most beloved events of Pride Month virtually

A PRIDE PARADE!!

That's right! Back by popular demand, we are bringing back one of our most beloved events back to a Wattpad near you!  So do us a favor and TAG YOUR FRIENDS BELOW  👀

Tag them here!  ➢➣

Before we kick off our parade, we want to help those who are new to the community and for those who will be attending their very first Pride Parade with us. Let's talk a little bit about the history of Pride Parades and why it's not only an iconic event every June but also why it's a pivotal moment in our LGBTQIAP+ history.

On a hot summer's night in New York on June 28, 1969, police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay club in Greenwich Village, which resulted in bar patrons, staff, and neighborhood residents rioting onto Christopher Street outside. Among the many leaders of the riots was a black, trans, bisexual woman, Marsha P. Johnson, leading the movement to continue over six days with protests and clashes. The message was clear — protestors demanded the establishment of places where LGBTQ+ people could go and be open about their sexual orientation without fear of arrest.

After the Stonewall Rebellion happened, Brenda Howard an American bisexual rights activist and feminist, coordinated the rally to commemorate the 1-month anniversary of the events at Stonewall. She then created the rally and march that was celebrated at the 1-year anniversary and this became the annual New York City Pride March which spawned marches around the world. She originated the idea for a week-long series of events around Pride Day, called Pride Week. Most U.S. states and many countries and cities around the world now celebrate Pride Day/Week annually, descended directly from those first marches and rallies in New York City which Howard coordinated and created.

With the events on June 28, 1969, the date is now known in most places around the world as Global Pride Day. Colorful parades, concerts, and marches are held across the world to celebrate this day.

Until this day, Pride Months are held around the world around June to commemorate a pivotal moment in our LGBTQIAP+ history and the Ambassadors behind the LGBTQIAP+ profile are honored to host this virtual pride parade for the entire family here o...

Until this day, Pride Months are held around the world around June to commemorate a pivotal moment in our LGBTQIAP+ history and the Ambassadors behind the LGBTQIAP+ profile are honored to host this virtual pride parade for the entire family here on Wattpad.

We invite you to help us plan the greatest virtual Pride Parade imaginable. We'll leave all the details down to you, from the music, the locales, the refreshments, the floats, the routes, and all the itty-bitty good stuff!

All you have to do is share your ideal Pride Event plans in the comments, and if you perhaps see somebody else's that you'd like to build upon, then work with them to make your Gay Dreams™ come true!

On the inline comments, help us plan the best Pride Parade ever!

Who's headlining the parade?

What's the entire line-up of performances?

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, wait, it's ____.

What song started playing that made you break out singing?

The last celebrity picture saved in your camera roll ran across the stage holding a Pride Flag! Who is it?

Hold up! Is that a flash mob?? What are they dancing???

You're dancing with a few friends and you turned around only to see your favorite celebrity eating cake! Who is it?

Behind your favorite celebrity, you can see someone making a TikTok! Who is it?

You have never seen a float like that before! Describe it.

What are you wearing (outfit)? 

Tag the people you're dancing with (tag us too, we love dancing!)

Tell us what else happened during this parade!

We want to thank each and every one of you for attending this amazing Pride Parade! We hope you had as much fun as we did hosting it for you!

Stay groovy, folks!

The LGBTQIAP+ Family