278 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (30)

Start from the beginning

It was an enormous army, crashing in like a tidal wave. Raziel could feel her heart palpitating in fear. Cold sweat trickled down the back of her neck, as if the grim reaper itself was pointing its scythe on her.

In front of this enormous army, stood Songdi.

He wasn't the only one there though.

Wen Yu, the right-hand man of the Great Demon King. He looked half-bored, but his presence there signified that there was going to be a bloodbath.

Songdi raised his staff.

"For the glory of the underworld!" He shouted out.

Wen Yu also raised his hand. "For the glory of the under...you know what, this is kind of embarrassing."

Just as Songdi glared at him, the army behind them raised their weapons towards the heavens and began to roar out in a single voice.

"For the glory of His Majesty!"

But all of this didn't cause Raziel to fall into despair. It was the lone figure in the air, riding on a gigantic dragon just behind the army on the ground, that caused her to feel as if everything suddenly became washed in grey. Because of her enhanced vision, Raziel could see his appearance clearly.

The Great Demon King had already reverted back to his original form. A ruthless and bloodthirsty conquerer, whose body dominated everyone around him. Long and thick horns curving downwards almost blocked his face, while his eyes that were like a well of ice accurately met her gaze.

Raziel's whole body shuddered. It was as if that gaze was already looking at a corpse.

'This battle...it's already over.'

Despair, thick and heavy, seemed to drag her down. Even her wings began to slow down, as if there were heavy chains binding her feet.

She had planned to confront the Great Demon King, but not in this battlefield. After her group of angels defeated the demon lords, she planned for them to rest and train harder. Then, at the perfect moment when all of her traps were set into place, all of them would confront the Great Demon King.

'This is my only chance...there's no assurance that I would be able to reincarnate again.'

Inch by inch, the vengeful reincarnator's body began to fall back on the ground.

'I only wanted to expose the truth. Why is the world so unfair? What did I do to deserve this?'

Hatred against the world shrivelled up her heart.

'I don't want to die like this. This is unfair. I don't want to die!'

As her soul began to corrupt, her white wings began to be dyed in black. Horns protruded through her hair, and a black aura emanated from her.

Her companions from below shouted in horror.

"Raziel, no!"

"Raziel, come back to your senses!"

The pixel in her hand shattered, as only anger and vengeance roared out in her veins. The vengeful reincarnator began to grow in size, reaching an almost similar height to the Great Demon King. The power in her aura also rose to an unbelievable degree.

Even Songdi froze a little in fear. "This aura..."

Nova, who had the identity of Wen Yu, also took on a serious expression.

The vengeful reincarnator they were facing now was a child of fate. Although they weren't as favored by the heavens as the male god, it couldn't be denied that their fates usually have great fortune. For example, just like the vengeful reincarnator here.

Just right on time, she managed to evolve to become an existence that could fight the Great Demon King.

In mid-air, the vengeful reincarnator finally faced the arriving Great Demon King. Her expression was calm and cold, completely unlike the expression of fear she had worn before. It was as if the former angel that had stood there only minutes before had never existed.

She extended out a finger, pointing at him.

"Xu Jinhai, I challenge you to a fight."

Her words didn't end there, however.

"I wish to replace you as the Great Demon King."