277 This Pyschopathic Demon Is Psychic (29)

Start from the beginning

From the moment she had been born up to now, she had been struggling crazy hard, then struggling some more, just so that she could live a little longer.

Her deadly sin, 『Ira』. This was the sin she accumulated and absorbed until her very being was an act of anger against the world itself.

Her sword of blazing flames pierced into Azrael's torso, and the sound of something exploding echoed in her ears. But Chuljang had drained all of her strength, her eyesight blurring.

Her torn wings flapped uselessly behind her, and like a shooting star that had achieved its glory, her body began to fall down in the air.

One last thought floated in her mind before she completely blacked out.

'Compared to him...I'm still much too weak.'

...

Ripples of energy disturbed the air, and Michael's powerful kick was blocked by Yanluo. There was a shimmering barrier protecting the demon lord of greed, which on some angles looked like a safety vault.

The demon lord Yanluo, which ruled over the deadly sin 『Avaritia』. His other name, Mammon. He was one of the strongest demon lords in the underworld, which meant that he was a very difficult opponent to fight with.

Michael blew out a frustrated breath.

"I already knew this, but you're a tough enemy to battle."

Luckily for Michael, he wasn't called the 'strongest angel' for nothing.

Bam! Bam! Bam!

Michael leapt forward, his right fist flying towards Yanluo with all of his strength behind it. He was confident that the demon lord of greed wouldn't be able to dodge, because he saw an opening in his stance finally appear.

Just as his punch was only an inch away, Michael saw the opening abruptly disappear.

'Damn, it was a trap!'

With no space to pull back, Michael could only watch helplessly as Yanluo agilely moved his body and swung his golden axe at his direction. A deep gash opened up in his left arm, and instead of blood, golden coins poured through his wound.

Michael suppressed his groan, immediately jumping backwards to avoid his succeeding slash.

Yanluo's eyes glimmered like jewels as he stared at the endless coins pouring from the angel's wound. The corners of his lips curled upwards.

"As expected, you're profitable."

Michael gritted his teeth. The demon lord of greed was the kind of opponent that he hated the most. It was because they were very hard to deal with. He had laid too many traps in his fight, all to mislead and lure his opponent. Just like his sin, Yanluo always calculated the best move to make.

Greed, the sin that corrupted humans to become selfish individuals. On the other hand, Michael's virtue was 『Caritas』, a kind of love that was self-sacrificial. Generosity, unlimited compassion, and charity.

"Yanluo, the Great Demon King is deceiving you." Michael looked up to where their leader was, and stared at the revolving representation of the pixel that she held in her hand. "This world is something he had created to imprison all of us."

Despite him being an enemy, Michael wanted Yanluo to learn of the truth too. But contrary to his wishes, the demon lord of greed only swung his axe and calmly asked him.

"Are those your final words then? If you have any last will, tell me."

Michael had predicted that his opponent probably wouldn't believe him. That's why he had to win even more. He had to show them...show all of them, what this world truly was.

And also reveal the identity of their real enemy all along.

Bam! Bam! Bam!

One punch, two punches, three punches—like a complete blitzkrieg, Michael pounded at Yanluo nonstop. Yanluo also swung his weapon, which Michael didn't evade. The axe sank into his left flank, digging into his flesh. The sickly coppery taste of blood surged at the back of his throat, but Michael held it down through sheer force of will.

Golden coins rained down from the sky. Just as Yanluo was about to yank out his axe and hack at the angel again, Michael grabbed his collar and head-butted him.

"Guh..."

Yanluo lost his sense of balance, and Michael didn't let go of the opportunity. Still holding onto Yanluo's collar, he plunged the two of them straight into the ground.

Boom!

Along with the thick plume of dust rising in the air, a series of colliding sounds could be heard.

Bam! Bam!

Michael climbed on top of Yanluo, ignoring the large wound on his abdomen.

He began pounding on the demon lord's face with his bare fists. With every hit of his flesh, Yanluo coughed out golden coins as well. It was as if the angel was hitting a piñata filled to brim with money.

"Listen to me for a bit, you stupid capitalist!"