~Flower Boy~ (DoHwan 2/2)

Start from the beginning

Doyoung first took Junghwan to show off his skills with the sword. Junghwan looked so eager when he eyed the glinting and sharp piece of metal with a heavily decorated handle. Yes, Doyoung’s one was extra pretty compared to Hyunsuk’s because the elder liked to keep his sword plain.

“Wow, you can even customize your swords here?” The bewildered country boy asked. He was too excited to even add the honorifics, much to Doyoung’s delight. Doyoung grinned.

The one on one battle of the prince and the warlord began. Doyoung was, in fact, quite good with the sword but Hyunsuk knew his way. Even though Doyoung was defeated in the end, the grin never left his face.

“I gave a good fight, didn’t I?” Doyoung spoke as he stood up from the ground Hyunsuk tackled him to.

“You did fabulous! Your highness!” Junghwan clapped. Hyunsuk nodded in agreement.

“You wanna try a bit??” Doyoung asked and Junghwan excitedly nodded. In the end, the prince and his companion taught Junghwan some of the basics of swords fighting.

Next came the archery. Doyoung deliberately avoided the sport while Hyunsuk demonstrated and taught Junghwan. Junghwan did bad though, as it was his first time. But in the end, he did good.

“You’re quite a sportsman!” Hyunsuk cheered Junghwan. Doyoung made such a face that it was due to his efforts that Junghwan was so good at sports. Luckily, Junghwan didn’t see that.

Doyoung showed Junghwan some other equipment like guns or so, but since he wasn’t assigned with that yet, Junghwan didn’t get to try using that. Even so, the younger was really glad.

After a while, as their field tour ended, Doyoung wanted to show Junghwan his piano skills. He had several pianos to use in the castle, but he wanted to use the one in his room because by doing that, he'd be able to show Junghwan his room as well.

“But your Highness, wouldn’t it be…. Well, forbidden?” Junghwan hesitated as he realized that Doyoung wanted to take him to his room.

“If my dad doesn’t stop me, who can?” Doyoung smirked and pulled Junghwan by his hand. Hyunsuk couldn’t but agree with Doyoung. Besides, he would guard the prince, so there should be no risk letting the younger into the prince’s room.

And if Junghwan wasn’t surprised before, he was after seeing the highly decorated room of the prince. Doyoung was a lover of pretty things and yes, that was strongly evident in the decor of his room.

“Your room is beautiful, you Highness!” Junghwan exclaimed. “So, you like it?” Doyoung asked happily. Junghwan answered with affirmation.

Showing Junghwan everything in his possession (Well almost, he had to leave out some clothes and books because there were just so many of them!). After that, the little prince went and sat before his piano set.

When the prince started, Junghwan knew at once that music was the prince’s field of expertise. Unlike the lack of skills in the sports field, Doyoung dominated when it came to music. The small country boy watched in awe as Doyoung struck the keys oh so magically and he knew for sure, that was what royal people were all about. Talent, grace and kindness- his prince had it all.

Doyoung stopped soon after. Hyunsuk, who was sitting on Doyoung’s bed beside Junghwan started clapping. Junghwan joined in soon after flashing a huge smile with amazed eyes.

“You are a genius! Your Highness! I bow down to you!” Junghwan exclaimed. Doyoung shyly smiled.

“Come on! It isn’t much!” Junghwan didn’t say anything in protest, but his smile showed how much he disagreed with the prince.