question

Y/n was laid across Tamaki's bed scrolling through her phone while he read his book

Y/n was laid across Tamaki's bed scrolling through her phone while he read his book. They had continued to spend more time together even sleeping over at each other's houses after that one night after the carnival.

Tamaki had even improved on his anxiety. He wouldn't stutter around her as much and even got used to her teasing. For the most part..

He placed his book down on his lap before turning toward her. "Y/n.."

She looked away from her phone before humming, notifying him that she was listening. "I have a question"

She turned off her phone and rolled over to face him. "What is it Tamaki?"

"Do you um .... have a boyfriend oh wait— or a girlfriend—"

Y/n looked at him in disbelief before breaking out in laughter. His face turned red from embarrassment. Why was she laughing... Was she laughing at him...

"T-Tamaki" she stammered out, unable to control her laughter. "What kind of question is that?!"

"Well I- I was just wondering.."

"Tamaki if I was in a relationship do you really think I would constantly flirt and tease you?"

Tamaki finally realized how dumb his question was making him grow embarrassed. "You're right I'm sorry..."

"It's okay it was just funny but no I don't have a boyfriend...you can be though"

"uh— I Y/n... I don't know ye— wait I don't know.. "

"That wasn't a no" She teasingly wiggled her eyebrows laughing at the nervous boy. She slowly got closer to his face making the butterflies in his stomach grow even more.

She laughed before pulling away smiling content with how nervous she made him. He stared at her, slightly disappointed that she didn't do anything else...

He kinda hoped she kissed him..

"Why do you look so sad? Did you want a kiss or something?" She randomly said, making his eyes widen.

IS SHE READING MY MIND?!

He stayed quiet afraid that he would say something embarrassing. "I won't know unless you ask for it"

His face grew red from the thought of kissing her again. He really wanted to. It was embarrassing though. How could he just ask for it?

What if she was just joking? What if this entire time she was pretending to like him and it was some cruel joke?

Oh well might never get a chance like this again..

"I- I want you to kiss me..."

"Really?! I didn't expect you to actually ask"

"W-Was I not supposed to.."

"Tamaki, stop worrying so much!" she laughed before leaning in and kissing the boy. The instant her lips collided with his, the butterflies in his stomach eased down.

Feeling her touch calmed him. Yet he knew the second she pulled away he would become a nervous wreck again...

She kissed him out of her own free will... Not just because of a dare. This time because she wanted to. Did that mean something?

Was this a good thing? Could he stop worrying about it and finally have her to himself?

That sounded selfish of him. Keeping her all to himself. He couldn't stand the thought of someone else having her...

Yet he couldn't put it into words either. It was embarrassing to say. To express the selfish feelings he had. Would she hate him for them?

What if she thought it was weird and embarrassing. What if it scared her away...

How was he supposed to express the weird bubbly feeling he had in his stomach everything he was around her...