parent bonding

"I don't think Iris likes Jasper anymore

"I don't think Iris likes Jasper anymore.." Y/n mumbled looking down at Iris hissing at confused Jasper.

"S-She's probably being defensive because she's pregnant.." Tamaki mumbled

"Maybe.." She picked up Iris from the floor then placed her on her cat bed.

"Aw man, I wanted them to be a happy family..." Y/n rolled her eyes annoyed.

"I- I'm sorry.."

"Why are you saying sorry it's not your fault dummy"

"It's okay, maybe once she has her babies they can go back to being in love!" Y/n smiled brightly imagining how life would be like with more kittens.

Tamaki felt his cheeks heat up from watching Y/n smile. He knew she was pretty but her smile just made it better.

The minute he realized his thoughts he grew anxious again. "I should probably go home! I don't want Jasper to bother Iris.."

Y/n frowned and shook her head "Jasper is sleeping don't wake him up!"

"We can just hang out... Hmm we can.."

"OH I KNOW WE CAN BAKE COOKIES!" Y/n shouted, grabbing Tamaki's arm and dragging him out the room.

He stumbled out almost faking face flat on the ground from how abruptly she grabbed him. Again the physical contact made his face grow red again.

After making it downstairs Y/n made Tamaki wear an apron...

A bright pink cat apron...

"You look so good!" Y/n laughed at the embarrassed boy.

"D-Do I have to wear this..." He gently tugged at the apron distastefully.

"Yes you do! I only have these.." She frowned looking sadly at her aprons trying to figure out why he wouldn't like them.

He noticed her mood change so he internally panicked thinking he might have offended her.

"No— I- didn't mean anything bad!"

"I was just asking a question! I-I'm sorry!"

Y/n quickly changed back to her original mood and laughed it off "It's okay ! Let's bake cookies now"

Tamaki silently nodded and watched as she took out all the ingredients needed. Y/n began to put all the wet ingredients in a bowl and handed it to Tamaki.

"Mix!" he grabbed the bowl and spoon and began to mix the liquid mixture while she began to mix the dry ingredient bowl.

"Don't forget to add the chocolate chips!" Y/n placed the bag of chocolate chips next to him before continuing with her mixture.

After they had finished mixing, they combined the two making a dough-like consistency. They both began to grab spoonfuls and put them on the baking sheet.

She smiled at the different shaped cookie dough balls feeling accomplished. While Tamaki mentally screamed because they were all completely different sizes.

She placed the pan in the oven and put a timer. Soon enough the aroma of the cookies began to seep out the oven making her sigh in content.

"They smell good don't they!"

"Yea.." He nodded as he fiddled with his hands. She sighed and stood up from next to him. "I'm sorry for keeping you here... you can leave after the cookies are ready"

His heart clenched in his chest feeling bad for making her feel weird. It's not that he didn't want to hang out. He had actually grown to like her company and well Jasper was kind of attached to the girl as well.

He just didn't know how to deal with it. A new friend. He had the same two friends for years and now he had another one. It was weird.

Especially another girl . It made him nervous being around her presence that is.

"Y-You don't have to apologize.."

"I don't mind staying here"

Y/n's smiled before walking back into the kitchen. She didn't expect him to disagree. Especially not to say he didn't mind hanging out with her.

She still felt as if she shouldn't tease him at this moment. It would make him feel weirder than usual. She heard the timer beep the second she walked into the kitchen making her smile.

She carefully took out the pan and placed it on the table. She picked up half of them with a paper towel and placed it in a basket.

She grabbed an extra cookie and used a random frosting container to draw a smiley face on it.

She placed it on top of the other cookies so the frosting wouldn't mess up. She walked back into the living room and reached out the basket to Tamaki.

"Here I packed some cookies for you!"

He carefully took the basket from her hand and nodded. "Thank you.."

Jasper suddenly came from upstairs . He meowed the second he saw his owner and jumped on his lap.

"I-I should go home I'll see you um.. h-hopefully soon"

Y/n felt herself grow with joy realizing he actually wanted to hang out with her again. "Yea! Go home hurry before the cookies get cold"

He nodded and picked up his cat and walked out his door. Jasper meowing the second they left wanting to stay at Y/n's house.

Finally making it back home he let Jasper go and fed him as well as the other stray cats that were hanging out in his house.

After cleaning up he opened up the basket with cookies looking at the cookie at the very top. It had a smiley face with white frosting .

He smiled at it before setting it to the side, afraid to ruin it. Y/n was nice to him . She was a big tease but she was fun to be around.

It was weird to admit that he actually enjoyed her company. He hoped that they would continue to talk for a lot longer. Hopefully even after Iris did have the kittens.

"... These are good" he chewed on the chocolate chip cookie content with the sweet flavor.

 These are good" he chewed on the chocolate chip cookie content with the sweet flavor