butterflies

Y/n quickly fixed up her hair before heading out to meet up with Tamaki

Y/n quickly fixed up her hair before heading out to meet up with Tamaki. She was making him go to the zoo with her.

Except in the zoo was a butterfly enclosure. Which she had promised would be their first date. Y/n wasn't serious about it being a date but again she loved teasing the poor boy.

She was just happy simply hanging out with him as friends. They ended up meeting up and calling an uber to take them to the zoo.

Once they arrived they had to stand in line in order to be let into the zoo. Y/n grabbed Tamaki's ticket and scanned them both so he wouldn't need to talk to the person scanning tickets.

He mentally thanked her for doing it for him. There were already a lot of people and the less he had to speak to the better.

After walking in they both looked down at their map and began to see where all the exhibits were at. They
both decided to visit the leopards first since it was a part of the cat family.

Y/n watched all the animals excitedly while he calmly watched from behind her. "Oh my god it's so cute!"

"Wait but I'm kinda sad..."

He looked at her confusedly unsure at why she would suddenly be sad... in the middle of a zoo trip.

"Why?"

"They are enclosed in these cages for their whole life! They don't get to experience running around wild, they just run around in circles..." she frowned, making Tamaki panic.

"M-Maybe we should go look at the flamingos instead—"

As if Y/n wasn't just sad a second ago her mood completely changed again. "No! I have a surprise for you c'mon!"

She grabbed his hand pulling him along with her to who knows where. After Y/n noticed how close they were she made him close his eyes for the full surprise effect.

"Keep them closed..."

He anxiously waited for her to let him open his eyes. Walking around with his eyes closed and letting her lead him was nerve wracking to say the least.

He wouldn't know if it was something nice or she was leading him to his death.

"Almost there..." she mumbled under her breath.

"Here! Open your eyes!"

Tamaki opened his eyes looking up at a big dome-like figure with a sign at the top reading.

Butterfly Exhibit

Thinking back he remembered Y/n mentioning that their first date would be at a butterfly enclosure.

Wait..

WAS THIS A DATE?!

HE DIDN'T EVEN GET READY THIS MORNING FOR A DATE.

WHAT IS HE EVEN SUPPOSED TO SAY ON A DATE!?

His face became red making her laugh at him again.

"Y/n... is this a date?"

"If you want it to be" She shrugged her shoulders and dragged him into the exhibit not giving him a chance to respond.

After they carefully went through the second door Tamaki's vision was crowded with an overload of colors.

All the brightly colored butterflies flew all around . Some in the air, some landing on plants or objects.

It was so pretty..

He felt happy here. There weren't many people in the exhibit. Not many cared for the butterflies and would prefer to go see the other animals.

Y/n watched his happy expression feeling content that she had made him happy. Suddenly she took out her polaroid and steadied to get a good picture.

She snapped the picture and waited for the film to air out. Once it did it showed Tamaki with a small smile and a blue butterfly on it's way to him.

When she looked up from the picture the same butterfly was resting on his finger. Tamaki tried to stay as still as possible, not wanting to startle it.

Y/n smiled at how much he cared about the butterfly . It was cute even if he was uncomfortable staying absolutely still. He still did it so the butterfly wouldn't fly off.

After a few more seconds the hurt fly flew off making him frown.

"Tamaki!"

He turned to look at the girl who was pointing at a photo booth. "Let's take pictures!"

He sighed knowing he wouldn't be able to get away from it and was going to give in anyways . They both entered the booth and sat down.

Y/n set everything up and pressed start. The voice began to count down from five. Y/n smiled brightly. Tamaki had another smile across his face.

This time not only because Y/n would've begged him to smile but because...

He actually felt happy.

He actually felt the need to smile.