C H A P T E R ⨖ O N E

Jimin's P.O.V.

Today was a long day. I literally gave seven interviews in several companies, but got rejected in five and the other two? They told me to wait.

I can't wait anymore. This has been happening since I was eighteen. I am the older son of my parents. So naturally a lot of responsibilities are on me and I also want to help my family emotionally and financially..

I want to help Kook in his higher studies. I don't want to make him realize for once in his whole life that we don't have our mom with us.
Yes, my mom died when Kook was born. Since then basically I raised him. Our dad worked so hard for us. He never failed to provide us what we needed in spite of his time. I can't complain. In my eyes, he is a perfect dad.
But he is getting older and weaker by time and also due to the amount of hard work he used to do. He is tensed for me that I will end up jobless. Due to this he sometimes becomes angry and taunts me for being jobless.
It's all my fault. I should have given more attention to my studies rather than to dance.
Yes, I wanted to become a dancer. But everything which we used to dream about, doesn't come true, right? That's why I accepted my fate a long ago.

Now the three of us are having dinner.

"What happened in the interviews?" Dad asked while eating.
"I got rejected in five..and the other two told me to wait.I am sorry."I said, hanging my head low. Kook gave me a sad but sympathetic look but Dad glared at me.
"I really don't know how you will lead your life. Do you think you can get a job in the near future?" he stomped out of the room.
A silent tear dropped from my eyes. Kook quickly gave me a warm hug.

"Hyung, don't cry. I am sure you will get a job soon. I believe in you. You are the best hyung."
"Thanks Kookie." I managed to reply while he wiped my tears.
"Don't you have the interviews tomorrow also? Now go to bed and take a rest ."

I went to bed early that night. The bed is so soft usually but now it feels as hard as wood. I couldn't close my eyelids till midnight.

--------------------------------------------------------

NEXT DAY

Now I am going to a call center for a job. I gave three interviews but could not get one. Either they were giving me less money or I was not eligible for the job. This is my last interview today.

(A/n: So I am going to explain this call center job. Basically they have to talk with the customers and listen to them. They have to give them company in their lonely life..Sometimes some of the customers start interacting very personally. They fall for the callers.
But according to the company's rules and protocols, the callers can't reveal their faces to them, can't give them any personal information. They have to handle the situations smartly and professionally.)

Back to Jimin's P.O.V.

I went to the center. There was a receptionist who smiled sweetly and asked "How can I help you?"
"I am here for an interview." I said nervously.
"Ok. Please go to the manager's room on the 2nd floor room no 7. "I thanked her and went upstairs.

I knocked on the door of the manager's room.

"Come in.".
I entered the room. A middle aged man was sitting in his revolving chair.

"Hello sir, I am Park Jimin .I am here for an interview to get a job.."
"Well hello Mr. park. I am Mr. Choi, manager of this company. Nice to meet you."he shaked my hand.

"So....Mr. Park, can you give me one reason why we should hire you in our company?"

"Uhmm, I can speak three languages and also I can talk well. My friends say that it helps them after talking with me to get over some tensions."

"But actually we have enough male callers so we don't need one now. You can wait until we inform you whe.."I cut him off. No way, I can't wait anymore. I need this job.
"Sir I can do anything..I know craft work. I can make a dancing peacock on a sweater. I can do anything except get pregnant. Please give me a chance."
"Chance? to get pregnant?" he chuckled. I can't help but slightly glare at him,"Chance to get this job."
"I was joking. You have to talk in a female voice...Are you sure you can? "

I thought for around three seconds. 'let's take a risk Park Jimin. Let's take life seriously.' these were the last thoughts that came to my mind before I said "I am 100% sure."

The manager took me to a big hall. I saw there many people who were sitting in their workstations and everyone was talking on the phone with their sweet cringe voices. He took me to an empty workstation where a phone was ringing.
"Pick up the phone.." he instructed.

Third Person's P.O.V.

Jimin picked up the call and tried to speak as sweetly as possible in a seductive angelic voice. "HELLO "
Mr Choi's wide eyes would be an understandable cause.

Jimin continued speaking in his fake female voice.
"Hi, I am Jessica.... What happened? Don't you like my voice? You do, don't you? Then talk to me. You will like me even better.."
He smirked at Mr Choi whose eyes could come out of his face at any moment. He just asked
"How much do you want?"

⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆⩆