Time Is On My Side-- Rufus

Comenzar desde el principio

Rufus snorted again. "You picked yourself a wild one here," He mentions to Dean. "Ain't never been laid out by no gangly teenager before."

I purse my lips. "I'm not so gangly now. So unless we need a repeat of the last time we met, I suggest you start talking."

Rufus holds up his hands in surrender. "Hotel Canaan." He explains after a moment or so. "Room thirty-nine. But watch your back."

I purse my lips. "I think I can handle Bela."

"Oh, don't be so sure about that. There are things that you don't know about her." Rufus retorts.

"Oh, and you do?" Dean asks. He snaps his fingers. "Oh, right. Because you know things."

"Yep."

"And let me guess-- you lift her fingerprint?"

"Yep."

"And that got you jack."

"Yep." Rufus retorts. "She burned them off. Probably years ago."

"Yeah, so you're right where we are." I snort.

"Nope." I raise my eyebrows at Rufus. "You do her ear?"

"Sorry?" Dean hums.

"You do her ear?"

Dean hums and I glare. "No, we didn't. And no, that's not what he means, Dean." I snap.

Rufus chuckles. "Ears are as unique to humans as fingerprints."

"No kidding." Dean hums.

"Of course, that don't fly in the courts over here, but in England, they're all over it." Rufus explains. "A friend of a friend... of a friend faxed me ten pages of confidential files within a day. All I had to send him was one clean shot off the security camera."

"Right. One clean shot of her ear." Dean says.

Rufus gets up and retrieves a file from his desk before handing it to me. I hum curiously and clear the table a little before cracking it open. "Oh.... Oh, my god." I murmur softly as I gaze down at it.

~*****~

"Am I really being benched right now?" I ask meekly. Dean doesn't answer me. My gaze lowers to my hands and I feel my lip begin to wobble. "Promise to be safe?"

Dean presses a soft kiss to my head before he storms out of our motel room. I give a shuddering sigh before I step over to the door and lock it behind him. "Lottie--" I whirl around and glare.

"What the hell are you doing here? Are you that stuck on Sam and Dean you'd--"

"I came here to warn you." Gabriel retorted irritably. "Our mutual friends--" He gives an irritated grunt. "They're planning on whisking you away from the Winchesters, where you can pop that kid out no problem."

I bite my lip angrily. "What? Who the hell are they?"

"Does it matter? I'm going put more wards on you so they can't detect you-- even if you clear off a city with an uncontrolled O." Gabriel says as he pulls out that old, dusty looking bottle. "This one'll probably sting."

I tug my shirt up and expose my belly, and allow him to paint the strange oil over my skin. And he was right. Once the ward had been placed, an intense stinging sensation curled up my skin. It felt like my skin had started to blister. "Fuck, that hurts," I hiss. "You said it'll sting, not burn, you bastard."

Gabriel laughed and corked the bottle. "You're just a wimp."

I hiss again as I tug my shirt back down. "Why are you doing this? Aren't you supposed to be causing mayhem?"

Gabriel smiles. "Usually, yeah. But truth be told, Tricksters not everything I am. I'm also known as a gangster of love."

I swat at him. "Get out of here. Before Dean gets back."

Gabriel raises his hands and nods. "You got it. Don't need to worry poor Dean now, not when he's so close to kickin' it."

"Wait--" I hum quickly. "Do these things need to be reapplied?"

He nods. "Yeah. It works for normal situations, but, you're not normal. If you haven't noticed, the damage your body can do and receive is monumental. Something like that will hide your existence for a short while. I'm hoping this one will keep you hidden for longer." I nod swiftly and gesture to the door.

Gabriel smirks before he disappears from sight, and I let out a collective sigh before rubbing at my still throbbing skin.

My cell blares against the table and I rush to grab it. "Lottie--" Dean's voice cuts out. "Meet me outside, Sam's in trouble!"

He doesn't give me time to answer before I'm scrambling to get everything into my arms and busting out of the motel room, and into the impala as it screeches in the parking lot.