Chapter 34

Lisa's POV

I woke up feeling soft hands against mine, caressing it softly. I slowly opened my eyes and saw her sleeping beside me whist sitting on thr chair. I move a little in attempt to stand up without waking her up when she suddenly lifts her head.

"Oh?You're already awake. How are you feeling?"

"I'm better, I guess" I answered slightly tilting my head as I tries to remember everything about earlier.

"That's good. Do you want something then?are you hungry?" She said as she was about to leave but I held her wrist and pulled her on the bed.

"Just cuddles please" I kept tugging her sleeves whilst saying those.
She smiled softly to me and messed my hair.

"Cuddles for you then" and she tucked us both under the covers.

Minutes after I started playing with her fingers.

"Aren't you disgusted?" I asked all of the sudden and I felt her body stiffened but then pulled me closer to her chest, plant a kiss on my forehead and speaks.

"Why would I?You're such a strong girl Lili. You've been through a lot and none of that was your fault. None of that was your will. I feel proud Lili, and guilty" I frowned at that, why would she?

"Because, I wasn't there to look after you, to protect you from those guys and even hated you when you were there suffering in the hands of those guys. But now I promise that I will stay and will never let you fight alone again ok? So don't think that I'll ever leave because that is the last thing I would do"

I chose to stay silent. For all those things that I experienced. I am still lucky I have Jennie.

Not long after we decided to go out for a walk and stroll to ease our minds. We went to beach to watch the sunset.
While walking, hand in hand, I lit my phone and stares at it for a while.

'September 23, 2027' that's our anniversary, better make it our anniversary again.

I smiled, now that there's no more secret between us. I guess its the right time to ask her to be mine again.

The atmosphere seems fine and the view is perfect. Better use this moment.

I stopped walking and that made her look back at me

"What's wrong Lili?" I said nothing and steps closer to her. When we are already face to face to each other I held her face with both of my hands

"Nini, I know the last time I asked you this, you said no, but now I'll give it a shot again" I cleared my throat first and continued "Nini, would you be my girlfriend again?"

I was already expecting her to deny as it's only been days when I last asked but then she smiled and held my hands that were on her face.

"As far as I can remember, we never broke up Lili" she said as a smirk on her face flashes. It took me minutes to realise what she said while she was there looking at me still with her annoying smile.

"Yah! You tricked me. But that's true tho, we never broker up" I said nodding my head as if I was agreeing to my self. The my face lit up and face her again

"So you're still my girlfriend?"

"Ofcourse, silly, I am still and always will be your girlfriend, bestfriend and soon to be wife ok?"

"I'd love that"

And we sealed it with a kiss, with her being gentle, knowing what I've been through.

Jennie's POV

The case about the kidnapping reopened and I petitioned for death penalty instead. We captured each and every of them and meet them at the court.

Sadly, not all of them were sentenced for death penalty, but a lifetime imprisonment will do.

I am now sure that no one will hurt my Lili. What a relief.