57.

Rue's POV

"I already told you, I don't know," I sobbed out and let my head fall down. I could hear the disappointment in his sigh. The man they all called 'Boss' hunkered down in front of me and met my eye. He pressed his lips together in a thin line that almost made me believe that he finally got some sympathy.

"How did you get your powers?" He repeated just as he had done for about a month now. I kept quiet having been filled with disappointment. His expression changed to the same emotionless one I knew so well and he grabbed my leg and pressed his thumb into the big cut on there.

"AAAH! PLEASE!" I screamed from the bottom of my lunges as the pain shot through my whole body.

"TELL ME HOW YOU GOT SO FUCKING STRONG!" He screamed back right into my face, as small drops of spit landed on my face and he pressed the finger further into the wound. I was beyond the point where I could even get a word out. I screamed like crazy but there was no way I was telling him how I got them. He was way too desperate to know, for me to just blurt it out.

He stood up retracting the pressure on my leg and slapped me across the face with the back of the hand that had just dug into my probably infected wound. "Fine. There's still one last way for me to get the answer," he said and paced out the door angrily. I felt a drop of blood roll down from my temple to my cheek to lastly land down on my naked thigh. All I was wearing was a grey t shirt that was filled with blood from the beatings. Worst days were the ones where he wore rings or brought in 'toys' as he referred to them. They had removed my dress and even my bra, which meant they had seen my boobs. Fucking pervs.

We had reached the point where I was so weak physically, that he didn't even need guards with him, but when he came in the next day he had a total of four guards and one man who looked like a scientist with him. It was as if they knew this was going to change everything, even though I truly doubted that was the reason.

"Now let's see if this will open up your arrogant little mouth," he hissed having leaned down to me, one hand on the back of my chair and his face right in front of mine.

One of the guards had rolled in a little table and the scientist-looking man had a computer with him. The table got placed right in front of me hiding my knees under the edge of it and the computer was sat down and opened. It quickly turned on and a video was playing.

"What is this?" I asked searching for the answer from the man they referred to as 'Boss'.

"Look closer," a tiny smirk appeared at the corner of his mouth and I looked back at the screen. I squinted my eyes together and inched my head forward so a little strand of my greasy and dirty hair fell down in my face. There was small movements and finally I saw what was moving on the video. I looked up at the left corner and saw the dreaded word 'Live' all g with a small red blinking dot.

"What are you going to do to him?" I asked realizing they were planning to hold his safety against me. He chuckled.

"Well nothing of course!" He exclaimed loudly and slowly stepped up behind me. My hair got tugged roughly up, so my head was forced to be lifted and my eyes to be watching the screen. "Unless you tell me what you know, I want to hear," he stated into my ear. Peter was reading a book in my room, sitting casually in the chair by my big window. The sight of him was excruciatingly painful.

"If you know where he is, then why haven't you just captured him?" I asked as he let go of my hair and proceeded to step back beside the computer.

"Oh we could... by the touch of this button right here," he pointed down at the letter x. "But we could also blow him up instead," he slowly dragged his finger over to the button that showed the little bent arrow which meant 'enter'. "So what will it be?" He asked casually, very well knowing what he was doing. I kept staring at the screen showing Peter, changing the pages of the book every time he'd finish reading them.

"Why are you doing this?" My voice cracked and my eyes stung as I asked the question I had been wanting to ask ever since they took me.

"What will it be?" He asked again, completely ignoring my question. I looked back at the screen without answering giving them one last chance to tell me that this wasn't happening and that I was dreaming. Not dreaming. Having a goddamn nightmare. "Very well," he stepped forward to the computer and moved his outpointed finger to the 'enter' button.

"A SPIDER OKAY! A FUCKING SPIDER!" I screamed as I started at his finger that was only an inch above Peter's funeral. "Some weird fucking... radioactive spider bit me," I sighed as I let my tears stroll down my cheeks.

"I knew it!" The scientist said and happily looked at 'Boss', who stood there eying me down as if I was nothing but a fruit fly.

"That wasn't so hard was it?" He sighed and moved some of my hair behind my ear. My whole body was trembling, as I looked down at my thighs that had been cut multiple places. They had ruined me. "We just needed to threaten your cute little boyfriend's life," he chuckled right into my ear.

"YOU FUCKING MONSTER! I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU SOMEDAY!" I screamed every name in the book at him while so desperately trying to rip myself out of the chair I had been bound in for way too long. I suddenly managed to tug my hands away from each other so hard that the metal cuffs I was in broke. "I SWEAR TO GOD YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS SHIT!" I jumped at him and got to choke him for about five seconds before the guards pulled me off him. I didn't even try to fight them, I was still reaching and screaming for him, as they lifted me and got me into another pair of handcuffs.

"You took it all away from me you BASTARDS!" I sobbed out as they left the room  in a hurry and locked the big heavy door in case I should break free again.

It was over. Even I knew that. The only way I would be getting out of that place was if the avengers found me, but I remembered Tony telling me that they had lately had a hard time tracking hydra. Why couldn't they just let me go now that I had told them what they needed to know?

I didn't understand.