23.

"Rue, what the hell did you drink?" I asked, as I wetted a cloth and put it to her forehead. She only answered with a little groan. Her pants were unbuttoned, so I quickly buttoned them up again, and slid her off the bathroom counter. I held her up with one arm, as we walked down the stairs and out the front door. "Where's your keys?" I asked her, as we walked to her car.

"Back pocket," she mumbled out. I quickly grabbed them, and then my phone right after. I dialed Neds number and he quickly picked up.

"Hey man, why are you calling me? Where are you?"

"I'm driving Rue home, she's in trouble. I just need you to tell Michelle that, so she can find another ride home okay?" I quickly said, and clicked the button to unlock Rue's car.

"Yeah no problem man. I guess I'll find another ride too then,"

"Thanks Ned, I owe you!" I sighed relieved, as I opened the passengers door. "Alright bye," I hung up the phone and slid it into my back pocket. I carefully placed her in the seat and closed the door. She had put her seat belt on herself, when I sat down behind the wheel.

"Peter you failed your drivers test," Rue mumbled out, and had turned her head sloppily to me.

"Yeah, but I'm the sober one," I started the car and drove off. I didn't even intend to say anything to her the whole drive, but I couldn't hold it back. We were almost at her apartment. "You okay?" I glimpsed away from the road for a second, and she was awake. There was silence for a few seconds, as she looked out the window. 

"Yes... Thank you," she quietly said, without looking at me. I glimpsed at her yet again, but she didn't move at all. I knew she could see me turning my head to her from time to time, but she didn't want to face me I guess. 

"I thought you felt better after we talked earlier," I said and parked the car. I was now looking right at her, not having the road to distract me. 

"I don't want to talk about it Peter," she opened the door and got out, but not very far. When she had closed the door, she leaned her body up against the car, wayyy to gone to walk. I rounded the car and wrapped her arm behind my neck and over my shoulder, so I could hold her up. 

"Come on," I groaned and unlocked the apartment complex' door. I got her up the stairs and into their apartment. 

"Peter," she exhaustedly said, with her hair all in her face. "I don't feel so good," 

"Yeah no kidding Rue," I answered.

"Bathroom Peter," I brushed some of the hair in her face back, and she was completely washed out. She might as well have been a ghost. I ran her to the bathroom and she made it just in time.

She threw all the alcohol up for a good minute, before she was done

She threw all the alcohol up for a good minute, before she was done. I held her darkbrown hair back the best I could, while I almost threw up myself. It was hard to get it all away from her face, when she had curtain bangs, that kept slipping through my fingers. I heard her let out a cute little pathetic sob, when she was done. "Was that it all?" I asked, as she leaned back on me. She made a small nod, so I lifted her up by her arms. I let her drink some water out of the fountain and I then wiped her moth with a towel. At this point I was tired, so I just put a hand under her legs and lifted her up in my arms. Her fingers intervened with each other behind my neck and she closed her eyes. I placed her down on the bed, and was about to leave the room and sleep on the couch.

"Don't go," she softly said, and I stopped. "Please," she mouthed. I closed the bedroom door and laid down next to her. I turned off the little lamp next to her bed, so the only light in the room was coming from the city outside her window. She was out like a light, after not even a minute of laying in silence. In her sleep she rolled half her body onto mine, as she always did. Her head buried in my shoulder, one hand on my chest and one leg bent up on my stomach. I looked down at her resting closed eyes, and found myself smiling. It felt like I didn't even remember the time, where we hadn't met.

It's like that song she played for me, once when we were riding in the subway to school. As The World Caves In. Yeah I think that was it. That's kinda how I felt whenever she rolled onto me in her sleep, or when she talked about the things she loved and even when she cried. Mostly when she cried. She would always let her head dump against my chest, when she tried to hold it in, but it never seemed to work though.

She had taken off her jeans under the covers, when I had turned away from her earlier, so she was only wearing panties and that black top. I didn't think much of it, since she never really wore pants whenever she slept. Only underwear, and it was almost always black laced... Okay sometimes I might have looked, but not in a creepy way, okay? She looks at me too, whenever I take off my shirt. I notice it every single time, but I never say anything, since I kinda take it as a compliment. 

I looked to my left, over at the bedside table, where my phone was laying. Rue's old earphones, were curled up in a ball right beside my phone. I looked down at Rue and then took my phone and the earphones. I inserted them in my phone and opened Spotify, scrolling through my playlists. I decided on my relaxing playlist and clicked the song Streets Of Philadelphia by Bruce Springsteen. 

(Go listen to it, it's so good!)

I placed my phone right next to my head on the pillow, and Rue moved a bit in her sleep. She then put a hand up on my cheek and lifted her head. "Can I listen?" she asked and put a finger onto the earbud in my right ear. 

I thought she was sleeping! So it wasn't unintentional that she moved up to me? I smiled to her and took it out of my ear, as she laid her head back down on my chest. I put it in her ear, and we listened together, right until I knew she for sure was asleep. She was drooling a tiny bit down on my t shirt, and I figured she must have been acting really weird, if she was awake at that point. I shut the music off and very carefully removed it from her ear and then put it back on the bedside table. 

-

I've had a really boring, and also a little bad day today. I like to write when I'm down so here you go though! 

On another note! I have a lot of playlists on my Spotify, for almost every one of my moods, filled with great songs! So if you want to check it out, let me know <3