7.

Peter's POV

"DUDE!" Ned yelled and hit my shoulder. 

"Ow?" I said with a confused frown, as I rubbed my shoulder. 

"When did you become friends with Rue Hart?!" he then exclaimed smiling from ear to ear. I didn't know what to say, I just knew I couldn't tell him the truth. "She's super hot, and you were just making her laugh!" he kept going in his exited voice. 

"Whoa what you do mean you?" I asked, as we started walking down the hall.

"Come on you know I didn't mean it like that. It's just not every day I see you talking with girls... and especially not with someone like her," Ned had a point in what he was saying. "So why were you talking with her?" he asked, forcing me to think fast. 

"She just asked me to help her with a math problem, that's all," I explained, and suddenly we had reached the cafeteria. "Plus she's not really my type," I then said. I basically lived on lies at that point. She was absolutely stunning. Her thick dark brown hair, her foxy green eyes... her hourglass shaped body... Oh my god Peter get it together, and be professional. 

"Beautiful isn't your type?" Ned asked, as he put a muffin on his tray. I looked at the different options of unhealthy food, as we both glided through the line. 

"Yeah I mean she's pretty, but I like someone else," I then honestly answered. We sat down at our usual little table, and started talking about some different topics. I told him about my detention, and just like Rue had done, he laughed. 

I got through the day and left detention, as soon as I could. I walked out the big double doors and felt someone looking at me. I stopped up and turned my head to the left, to see Rue. She had her arms crossed over her chest, and was leaned up against the wall. 

"Hey Peter," she said in her very slightly hoarse voice. She had that kind of voice that was really soothing, and you could just listen to it ramble all day. I smiled as she leaned off the wall, and came up beside me. 

"Did you wait for an hour out here?" I asked, as we started walking side by side. 

"Yes. I need your help," she sighed and pulled her bag further up her shoulder, and then looked up at me. "I've been so caught up in the Spiderwoman thing, that I haven't really had time to follow my math classes, since they're always the morning classes" she explained. "I just need someone to help me, catch up on what we've been learning these last two months... can you help?" she asked. 

"Yeah, that would be great... so it's a deal then or?.." I asked, looking slightly down to meet her gaze. She leaned her head slightly back, and furrowed her eyebrows. 

"A deal?" she asked sounding completely lost. 

"Yeah, you teach me all you know about our spider powers, and I'll help you with your math class," She looked forward, as to think about it a little. 

"Okay it's a deal," she eventually said. 

"Great," I said, and we kept on walking. 

"What are you listening to?" she asked and pointed up to my ear. I had one earphone in the ear that was away from her, and the other dangling at my chest, so I didn't miss anything she said. 

"Just music," I said quickly, as I pulled it out and inserted the opposite one. "Here," I handed her the other earphone.

"Oh thanks," she smiled and moved closer up against me, to put it in her ear. It was the song Yesterday by The Beatles that was playing. "Oh I love this song," she said, and pushed the earphone further into her ear. 

"You do?" I asked, as I don't think I had ever met someone my age, that liked old music. She glanced up at me, smiling. 

"Yeah... I actually think it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written," I lit up inside by her words, cause there is nothing better, than someone who has actual taste in music. 

"Yeah me too," I whispered under my breath and looked down at the ground, as we turned the corner. Before we got to my building, we had heard maybe four or five songs. I unlocked the apartment door, and opened for her to enter. She adjusted her bag and looked around.

"Peter is that you?" May yelled from the kitchen. 

"Hi May!" I yelled back, reassuring her that it was in fact me. She came out to us, and smiled brightly when her eye caught Rue. They both exchanged a 'hi', before me and Rue began walking to my room. Before I closed the door, I saw May clearly mouthing she words 'she's cute'. I gave her a forced look, before shutting the door. 

"Alright let's do this," she had sat down on my bed, so I sat down in front of her, leaving our books in between us. We started studying, and suddenly the time just flew by. After a while, I was sitting in my deckchair, with my legs up on the desk. She was laying on her stomach on the bed with the textbook in front of her. 

"Okay what's the next question?" I asked and threw the fabric ball up against the wall, I had fiddled with for the last hour. She sighed, and turned the page.

"When a parabola represented by the equation y - 2x 2 = 8 x + 5 is translated 3 units to the left and 2 units up, the new parabola has its vertex at? A. (-5 , -1)...  B. (-5 , -5)...  C. (-1 , -3) or  D. (-2 , -3)?" she looked over at me, with an exhausted face expression. "You already know the answer don't you?" she then asked, and turned in the bed, so she was looking up at the ceiling. I chuckled and threw the ball at her, which she caught right before it hit her face without even paying attention. "Peter can I ask you a question?" I wasn't hiding anything from her, but my mind immediately started racing. 

"Sure," I tried saying as casual as I could. She started throwing the ball up in the air letting it land back in her hands on repeat. 

"Why do you live with your aunt?" I debated whether I should tell her, or just keep my mouth shut. She would probably find out eventually, so why not just be straight up?

"Uh, my parents... died... in a plane crash," I uttered out, and she stopped throwing the ball back up. Her head turned to mine, and she adjusted to her side. 

"I'm so sorry," she said with a worried and surprised look on her face. I looked down at my fingers, that were fiddling in between each other.

"It's alright, it happened when I was four, so I don't really remember them," I shrugged and smiled slightly. 

"You're still allowed to be sad about it Peter," she turned to her back again, and the ball was flying in the air again. She was right, but I had grieved enough. There was nothing I could do to make them come back, so what was the point anyway? "Shit I have to go!" she abruptly exclaimed and quickly started sliding the textbooks down in her bag. "I told my parents I would be home an hour ago," she zipped up her bag, and stood up from the bed. I had already stood up from my chair, ready to follow her out. Before I could even move, she was on her way out, but brushed her palm swiftly down my cheek, in a harmless way, that affected me a way it shouldn't have. "This was really nice, I'll see you tomorrow Peter," she articulated, before grabbing her jacket from my chair, and closing the door behind her. 

"Bye.."

-

It's 00.00 as I'm writing this lol