21.

Peter's POV

"Don't we have gym after this?" ned asked, dragging me away from my thoughts.

"Huh?" I was thinking about how Rue's dad had hit her. He didn't even just slap her, which of course also would have been awful, he straight up punched her. It was weird to think about her being so helpless, when she appeared so tough in front of me. God I wanted to kill her dad. In fact I riled myself up so bad, I squeezed the juice box in my hand. 

"Whoa dude!" Ned exclaimed, as he jumped up from his seat, and looked down at his shirt. "What's going on? You haven't been listening to a word I've said, ever since you got back from the bathroom," he said as he dried off his shirt, with a small handkerchief. 

"Sorry, what'd you say then?" I asked, and dried off the hand the juice box had exploded in. 

"Don't we have gym after this?" Ned repeated, and sat back down. 

"Yeah," I poked at my lasagna, with my white plastic fork. The bell ringed, and we got to gym. It was the normal routine. First the boring video of Captain America. Then the warm up, and lastly just sit ups. Typical. Me and Ned were in the middle of sit ups, with Ned holding my feet down and me doing the work. I turned my head to the left, and saw Rue. She was doing sit ups too, with Michelle holding her legs down. 

"Peter get moving!" our gym teacher hissed at me, as he passed us. I continued to do the sit ups as Ned held down my feet.

"I see you looking at her, you know," Ned said with a slightly visible smirk on his face. 

"Who?" I asked. 

"You know who Peter... Rue," he said.

"No I- I like Liz," I groaned out, as I lifted my upper body repeatedly. 

"Then why don't you ask her to homecoming?" Ned asked. "I heard she doesn't have a date," He pointed behind me, and over at her sitting and talking with her friends on the benches. She never participated in gym for some reason. My god I forgot how pretty she was. 

"She for sure doesn't want to go with me," I sighed and turned back around. 

"Well I'm giving you a chance to ask her. We were assigned to do a math project together, and she invited me to her party tonight," Ned excitedly said. 

"Are you serious!" I smiled surprised, and stopped doing the sit ups. Ned nodded proudly. "We're definitely going!" 

When school was over, I got changed into the new upgraded suit and moved on out to the city. There wasn't much to do, so I decided to pop by Rue's place to see how she was doing. Her eye looked like an outdated blueberry, so it made sense that she stayed home from swinging today. I landed silently on the fire escape, and slid up her window. She must've been in their living room watching a movie or something, cause her bedroom was empty. I ripped my mask off my head and started looking around at her posters. It was some of her favorite movies, like pulp fiction, good will hunting and dead poets society. It was one of the things I like most about her. Her movie taste, and how she actually knows what a good movie is. I headed to her door, to go say hi but in the same moment, I turned my head away from the posters, and was about to turn the corner, when something bumped up against me. I looked down and OH MY GOD. 

"Peter?!" Rue winched loudly, as she jumped back and put her towel up, to cover her naked upper body. 

"I am so sorry!" I yelled as I immediately covered the sight, with my hand and looked away. All alarms in my body were ringing. I had just seen her boobs.

"How about just knocking on the door the next time!" she gestured her hand towards the door, with her hair dropping down her shoulders, and further down under the towel... PETER STOP.