Timer Part 5

"Weed where are you?" I call into the cave putting my eye patch. 

"Sans! Azriel's voice calls from the patch of yellow flowers. I look over to see the furry white Prince on his knees cradling something in his arms. 

"What is it?" I ask running up to him. Looking down I see a mass of hair in his arms. "What the-? Another human?!" I ask bending down next to him. 

"Sans. Whatever you do. Don't let mom take them away. Can they stay with you?" 

"Um.." I scratch the back of my head. "I have a basement in my office, I cant bring them to my house because of Pap, he's still human crazy." 

"Yes. Please!" Azriel exclaims. "Please help them!" 

"I'll do my best." I say bending down  to pick up the human. 

"Will you be able to take a shortcut?" He asks. 

"No, they're not in good enough condition. Their body cant take it yet. But I'll give you a whole explanation later." I say taking off my coat and slipping the small human arms into the sleeves, zippering it up and putting up the hood I pick them up holding one arm out to Azriel. "C'mon Prince, let go." Giggling Azriel reached out his hand turning into Flowey, wrapping their vines around my arm, Flowey climbs up my arm, settling on top of my skull. "Lets go." I say walking out of the cave. 

"Sans. We're getting weird looks." Flowey hisses as we reach the main street. "Oh. Ignore it its normal." I say, but I start walking faster.

 "Hey Sans! Whats that?" Someone calls. 

"Yeah! And why is there a flower on your head?" Someone else calls. 

"Ignore them." I tell Flowey. Finally we reach my office but I go around to a side door using a key in the door I push it open. 

"Its dark in here." Flowey says as I start down the stairs. 

"Yeah I know. Whoever designed the electrical is stupid because the light switches are all in the main room downstairs. But don't worry I've gone down here enough times to know where to step and stuff." 

"Oh, cool" 

"See?" I say a second later fingering seven different switches, flipping the middle one lighting up the room. "You can change back." I tell Flowey holding out my hand for them to climb down. "Be back in a sec" I tell them flipping the first and fourth switch and walking out of the room and into a bedroom. "Hope you're okay human." I say placing them on the bed, taking off my coat and looking for injuries. 

"Sans?" Azriel asks from the doorway. 

"You can come in." I tell him feeling around the humans skull for any fractures. "How did they fall?" I ask him. 

"Feet first." Azriel says. 

"Then they probably have a broken leg or something." I say going over to a closet door opening it and pulling out a machine on wheels. 

"Whats that?!" Azriel asks and i wheel it over to the human. 

"An X-Ray machine, Prince." i say going back to the closet, taking out a heavy vest. I place on top of the human before adjusting the machine over their legs. "I'd advise you to go out for this Prince." I say. 

"Why?" Azriel asks. "The machine creates radiations sending something through your body that will make you really sick." 

"Then why are you using it on the human?!" 

"Because they have something on them now that's guarding their body." 

"What about you?" 

"I'm a skeleton, I don't have flesh." I tell him. 

"Oh." Azriel says walking out of the room. 

"We'll be done in a minute." I say closing the door before powering on the machine. Taking a few pictures of the humans legs in different positions, the printer in my office printing the X-Rays for me. "Okay." I tell Azriel opening the door after putting everything away. "I'm just getting something from my office." I say going upstairs to my familiar office. RESET HAS BEGUN! The system shouts every ten to fifteen minutes. I need to remember to brace myself before everything goes black. "Ugh." I shake my skull opening my eyes, making my way to my printer, taking the pictures of the humans legs before going back downstairs.

"Prince you okay?" I call walking into the bed room. "Prince Azriel?" I ask looking over at the slumped body of the prince. "Azriel?" I ask walking over to him, shaking his shoulders. 

"Wha?" Azriel asks sitting up. 

"Oh, hey Sans, sorry. Every time the resets happen I kinda pass out for a minute." He explains. 

"Don't worry 'bout it kid." I say placing the X-Rays downs and holding them up one by one to the light to look for any problems. "Hmm, right foot has a fracture but otherwise they're fine." I say surprised. I go over to a drawer, taking out a roll of bandages I start wrapping the humans foot to above the ankle tucking the end into itself. "Now all we can do is hope they wake up." I say triple checking for a pulse. 

"Okay." Azriel says sitting on his knees, staring at the human intensely. 

"Azriel." I say with a chuckle. "Why don't you go to your parents? You haven't been there in a while." 

"No for many reasons." He says sitting back. "One, I hate my grown up look. Two no. And three, no." 

"Seems fair." I shrug 

The weeks pass and the human barely even moves an inch. I told Azriel that I'd tell him if they gave any signs of waking up but still, while I'm upstairs in my office he's downstairs in my basement waiting for the human. I continue to ignore everyone around me, counting my brother. I just can't handle his questions on top of the headaches. I also have been ignoring the Sanses. Nightmare is the only one other then Dust that have been in my AU. Its not a good idea for anymore in fear of destroying the AUs or something weird like that, or at least that's what Nightmare says. But even he stopped coming after the third week. Its been three months now and I barely leave my office. The resets are still happening every ten to fifteen minutes so adding up all the stress and pain equals a whole mess. 

"Sans!" Azriel calls from up stairs. "Grillby has food!" 

"Kay" I say leaving the humans side and walking up stairs. The second I open the door to the basement Azriel runs downstairs. "Thanks Grill." I say opening the door, taking the food from the bright fire monster when someone yells my name. 

"Timer!" 

"What now?" I growl as four Sanses make their way to my office. "Hm.. Dust, Dream, Noots, and Sussy Blue." I say to myself. "What?" I ask.

"That's no way to treat your guest!" Blue says. 

"Well you're not welcome. Please leave my AU-" 

"SANS! THEY'RE WAKING UP!" Azriel calls excitedly. 

"Y'know what? Whatever. Just don't touch anything." I say running to the basement door and racing down the stairs to the humans room. 

"SANS! SANS! SANS!" Azriel says jumping up and down. 

"Kid go upstairs. There are four skeletons up there. Don't ask questions. Close the door behind you."

"Aw.. okay?" Azriel says following my directions. 

"Hey kid." I whisper bending down next to the human, who's arms and legs are twitching. "I know you can do it. Wake up. Please," Their eyes start to flutter and soon brilliant green eyes are staring up at me in wonder. "Yes! You did it!" I say laughing. "Welcome to ClockTale kid." I smile. "Would you like help sitting up? Blink once for no and twice for yes." The human blinks twice so I sit them up on pillows. "Heya kid, the names Sans, can you try talking?" The human opens their mouth and starts making noises which quickly change to words. 

"What-are-you-?" 

"I'm a skeleton. Theres a lot to explain but first lets nurse you back to health." I say. "Now, do you remember your name?" 

"S-Solika.." The child says quietly. 

Solika? An interestingly familiar name.. I think. 

Word count: 1365