Chapter 49: Hybrid

Start from the beginning

I tap his shoulders and said
"Hey G?"

He got startled and looked around. He smiled when he saw me and said
"Yes Miss Ella do you need something?"

"Do we have some blueberry cheesecake?"

"As of the moment no but I can bake you one."

This is my fault. I should have told him in advance.

"No no need. I'll just buy it outside. Just focus on cooking since it is already dinner time!"

"But Miss Ella. I ca-" G protested

"No buts G. Just finish cooking. Bye!"

I heard a collective "bye miss Ella." From the other staff.

I went to our room and get the card Gideon gave me. I use the elevator this time walking down that stairs takes time. I wonder if Gideon can convert the stairs to escalator.

I went out of the front door. The MIB outside got startled clearly not expecting someone goes out at this time.

"Goodevening Miss Ella." They greeted.

"Hi..uhmm can we go to the nearest bakery or sweets shop?"

"As you wish ma'am. What car do you want to use?"

"The car that is working?" I replied.

"Of course ma'am. Just a minute."

One of the black SUV parked in front of me.

One of the MIB opened the door.

I entered the car and buckle my seatbelt. 2 MIB was with me and I did not notice another set of car followed us.

"Miss Ella if I may ask. Does sir Rosen-Hower know you left the mansion?"

"Nope." The car screechingly halt.

The driver looked at me wide eyed and said "No notification at all Miss Ella?"

I shake my head.

I heard him drop the F-bomb but he restart our journey to our destination.

I cheered internally when we stop outside the shop.

I did not wait for them to open my door. I run inside the bakery. The smell of freshly baked goodies welcomed me.

I look outside and I signal one of the MIB to come inside.

He entered and I gave him one of the pink tray.

I get all the bread that I think taste delicious. So in short I take all of it.

A chill run through my back when I heard his voice. "You're enjoying yourself aren't you love?"

I slowly turn around and Gideon is standing behind me. His arms are crossed to his chest and his beautiful eyes narrowed. He is wearing a white shirt that is useless since it did not hide anything. He might as well be shirtless. He match his white shirt with grey sweat pants and his Birckenstock black slippers

"I love you?" I said sheepishly hoping to ease his irritation.

He uncross his arm and sigh in defeat and said
"You'll be the death of me Ella I swear."

He walk towards me and pinch my cheek.

"Ow! Ow! I am sorry Gideon. I just got excited in buying blueberry cheesecake." I mumbled. Huhuhu. My poor cheeks.

"If a cake and me are both drowning who will you save?" Gideon ask.

"Duh! It's no brainer Gideon of course the cake! You can swim but the cake can't!"