Ten hummed disapprovingly. "I guess it's kind of dumb." 

"I think it was funny," Yuta mumbled and Jaehyun carefully hit his arm telling him to stay out of this. However, Ji-yoon gave him a thumbs up to which Yuta slightly bowed his head. 

"It's not slanderous," he argued. "There is no real accusatory statement in the entire article. The headline is just a question. I backed everything up by proof or at least claims that I know are right. They would have to prove me wrong which isn't possible." 

Yuta nodded subtly. He eyed Jaehyun. "That could work." 

"Probably," Jaehyun said. 

"I hate that all of you are ignoring the fact that he is actively inserting himself in a homicide investigation," Haechan pointed out. 

"I am a journalist," Yangyang argued. 

"But how come you always seem to know more than the police?" he asked. 

Right away, a smug smile drew itself over the boy's rosy lips. "Because I'm better than the police." 

Ji-yoon hummed. "He's right," she agreed. "The police was hours away from arresting Taemin - which would have been a massive mistake." 

"Your boss isn't cleared yet," Haechan pointed out. 

"Yet. I'm working on it," she shot back, keeping up with Haechan's quick replies. "By the way, why did you bring your lawyer friends?"

At which Jaehyun narrowed his eyes and looked her up and down. He let his eyes run over her, wondering if he had seen her before. A beige blouse tugged into a neatly ironed pair of suit pants. Hair was flowing down her shoulders in perfect waves, a faint smile sat on her lips. 

Somehow she looked familiar. 

But he didn't quite know... 

"Have we met?" he asked. 

"Perhaps?" she said, not so sure herself. 

Jaehyun hummed. "What's with her?" 

"I've been trying to figure that out too," Haechan said, stepped closer to her, averting his attention from Yangyang completely now. "How come you always seem to be so up to date with everything?" 

"It's kind of my job," she mumbled. "I am investigating a case after all." 

"I feel like there's more to it." Just a thought that had lingered on his mind. There was nothing specific that made him think this way, it was an overall feeling, just something he got when hearing her talk. "I'll keep a close eye on you." 

It was a warning of sorts. However, Ji-yoon accepted it gladly. 

"Please do," she retorted flirtingly, making Haechan regret his words right away.  

"The others are waiting," Yuta noted, not at all hesitant to step into the conversation. "We should go." 

And shortly after that, they left. They got in the car and sat in silence for the short ride that followed on their way to the restaurant.  

A lunch date with the Dreamies and the 127 boys as a way to celebrate the case Jaehyun recently won. 

"Buy as much as you want," Jaehyun said, his generosity putting a smile on the other boys' faces. 

"Congrats, hyung," Jisung congratulated, raising his glass of Coke right afterwards. After the rest of the boys did the same, they fell into a conversation. Focused on Jaehyun's case at first, it soon became just a quick jumble of random stories that came to mind. 

Until the focus shifted onto Yangyang. 

"Have you guys talked to him?" Taeyong asked, sounding worried. "Is he okay? He seems to be getting himself into a lot of trouble lately." 

"He's fine," Yuta said. "Plus, Kun seems pretty calm too, so it can't be too bad." 

"Are you still suspecting Taemin?" Doyoung inquired.

"We're not sure," Renjun admitted. "It could be him. But we have no evidence that points towards him so it's unlikely." 

"Ji-yoon was right about the non-compete clause by the way," Jisung pointed out, although it was to be expected after learning her involvement in the company. "If LTM wanted to take revenge for switching sides they would just have sued them."

Johnny pushed out a deep, wondering hum. "Who is Ji-yoon?"

"That private investigator that Haechan doesn't like," Taeil said, smiling at his friend who just rolled his eyes in return. 

"Why don't you like her?" Mark asked. 

"Just a feeling. I want to trust her but something's off about her," he explained, then looked at the empty seat at the end of the table where Jungwoo was sitting. He quickly went to the bathroom though. 

"He tries to get along with her for Jungwoo's sake," Jaemin pointed out. 

"But you realize that private investigators aren't allowed to investigate homicide cases?" Doyoung said. "Just tell her she can't help you - from a legal standpoint."

"Private investigators have only been allowed to legally operate in Korea for a short time," Yuta pointed out. "The rules are really strict. Jungwoo will understand. He knows the law after all."

Would that be okay? 

Haechan looked at Chenle who quickly met his gaze - and then he shrugged. 

"Up to you," Chenle said, just as Jungwoo came back and the conversation resumed as if nothing had happened at all. 

Idiots 

If WayV started their own newspaper I would read it 😌

That being said, thank you for reading this story! 

Stay safe 💚