Chapter 16:1 Dario's Apophis

(The following is a bonus/filler chapter.)

Reimi, Sherry, Holly, & Lisa Lisa get comfortable in one of the rooms, as Reimi's parents make their own room in the next bedroom.

In another room, Joseph gulps down a gallon of water.
Joseph Joestar: I'm guessing that getting mummified by Dio must have dehydrated me. Well hopefully enough water will bring me back. Lets just hope there's nothing funny in the water.
Avdol: So Mr. Joestar, did you use Hermit-Purple to check the mansion for any leftovers?
Joseph Joestar: Oh yeah, my Spirit Photography detected something up in the tower. The other girls dealt with the puppet collector in the basement. Feel like checking it out? I'm still recovering from earlier.

Polnareff: Sure Mr. Joestar, we could use some more work. Can't let Reimi Lisa & Jotaro have all the points.
Hol Horse: Yeah, I remember Dio had plenty of followers. Since I was nothing to Dio himself, I'll get rid of any of his sheep left behind.
Polnareff: Well what are y'all waiting for? Let's check it out.

Several of the guys have headed upstairs to explore the rest of the mansion. As they head to the stairway where Polnareff met Dio in the anime, they chat about other possible threats.

Avdol: So Hol Horse, do you remember any followers of his that we never encountered?
Hol Horse: Lets see, well the doll collector that Jenny took care of has an older brother who's a gambler. But their Stands had no combat abilities, they were situational like the genie Stand we fought back on that island. 
Polnareff: Oh really? Well I could see why they were too scared to face us. The pen may be mightier than the sword, but a sword could easily chop through it. 
Avdol: Any idea on their whereabouts?
Hol Horse: If I had to take a guess, the gambler must have stayed out of town.

Avdol: Hold on, my flames are detecting something. So Mr. Joestar's Stand did find something, but what?

Avdol's flames have detected something upstairs on the way.
Avdol, Iggy, Polnareff, & Hol Horse walk past the area where Dio was standing when talking to Polnareff in the anime.

Polnareff: Damn even though Dio is dead I can't help but feel something evil up here.
Hol Horse: I know how you feel.

They walk up the stairs & enter the forbidden room of the dark lord.
There is a coffin in the middle of the room.

Hol Horse: Wow this his bedroom? Kinda bland if you ask me. 
Polnareff: For a guy living like Citizen Kane in the rest of the mansion, his own room is quite humble.

Then Iggy starts growling at a dark corner. They look over to see, a man in a chain?
They start to hear some drunken growling & chain rattling. The flame cross points strongly into that direction.

Avdol: I don't believe it, there's someone up here!
Hol Horse: But who could it be?
Polnareff: Hold on Iggy.

Avdol moves his flame cross over to shed light on the suspect.
It is a short stocky man with a long scraggly beard.
As his face comes into light it's revealed to be Dario Brando!
His skin is a sickly gray like the zombies.

Polnareff: Just another zombie?

The old man gives off a cackle.

Dario: So you chumps managed to kill em, impressive for a pathetic lot like you. (VA Steve Kramer)

Polnareff: So you can talk?
Avdol: If he's being kept up here, this must have been someone important to Dio.
Polnareff: Now tell me who the hell you are! What are you doing up here?

Dario: You scrubs ain't gonna believe me, but I happen to be the father of Dio. I've been rotting in a grave since Dio was just a lad.

Avdol: Father of Dio?!
Polnareff: Rotting in a grave?!
Hol Horse: Since he was... just a lad? Woah, but you'd have to be over a hundred years old!
Dario: Yep, I'm the oldest bloke you'll ever meet, though I was a corpse the past century.
Avdol: Is that so? I'd love to incinerate you with Magicians-Red. As a fortune teller I can tell your soul is rotten to the core. But you've peaked my curiosity so I'll let you tell us how you came to be.