e i g h t e e n

I emerged from the bathroom and backtracked to Draco's bedroom, towel wrapped around me. Upon entering the bedroom, I did a double take. Draco was sat up against the pillows on his bed, a book in his hands and....

Glasses on?

"You wear glasses?"

My mouth gaped at the sight and my hands clutched at the top of the towel, knuckles most probably turning white.

He looked up from his book, a nervous smile on his face. "I don't wear them often." He chuckled, pushing them the tiniest amount up the bridge of his nose.

I swallowed and forced my feet to move again, coming slowly around to his side of his bed.

"What's wrong?" His smile faded. "Do you not like them?"

His behaviour did nothing of the sort to stop me from pouncing on him, and I restrained myself by gripping, yet again, tighter onto the towel across my chest.

My mouth was awfully dry at this moment. "It's not that- I mean they're... you're- adorable."

I cringed at my lack of being able to form sentences, and a grin broke out on his face. This time it was one of a more cocky nature.

Draco dropped his book on the floor before sitting up straight. "So... you wanted to talk?"

"Please." I nodded. "Just a moment." I stepped away and over to my bag to pull out some lounge clothes.

"What are you doing?" He laughed from behind me and stood up from the bed, padding barefoot across the floor nearby. He stopped and leaned against the dresser my bag was resting on as I rummaged through it.

My hands stilled and I turned to look at him. "Getting dressed?"

He rolled his eyes and unfolded his arms, pushing back up off the dresser before pulling me away by the waist and holding me against his side as he pulled the second draw open. I sighed dramatically as he dug around and tapped my foot playfully.

"Wear mine. Here." He tossed a blue t-shirt at my face, earning me a mouthful of fabric and he laughed as I pulled it off in mock irritation.

"Dick." I muttered as he laid back down on the bed, arms stretched and his hands placed behind his head.

I dropped the towel, deciding to give him a show at least, and his shit-eating grin dropped from his face, Adam's apple bobbing as he swallowed thickly. Now it was his turn to get flustered.

"Something wrong?" I asked sweetly before slipping his t-shirt over my head. The edge fell down to mid thigh, not covering much and leaving little to the imagination due to my height.

He wet his lips with his tongue and inhaled quickly. "No..."

Draco's eyes raked over my figure as if in awe, despite my bare face and simplistic clothing - his clothing - I felt... well, beautiful. Being blonde made my eyelashes practically invisible, and I had always been insecure about my gangly long legs and height. Father had always told me I had the figure belonging to a, and I quote: 'hormonal, twiggy, teenage boy', and I was told to eat more - I was just 'skin and bones' apparently. Every week after swimming from the age of about six to thirteen or fourteen.

Fucking asshole.

It's things like that which mess you up; they make you forget your worth and your beauty. It destroys your self esteem.

I gave him a small smile before picking my towel up to hang over the bathroom door. The sweetness of the previous moment manifested as something else when I stood up on the balls of my feet, stretching to fling the towel over the door and felt Draco's shirt ride up my thighs, stopping drastically close to the curve of my arse.