f o u r t e e n

A/N:

Astoria slander is not tolerated in this chapter. I feel like the only reason people hate her is because she married Draco. Astoria won at life, don't get mad about it lmao. Don't be spiteful or jealous or whatever <3

Sometimes relationships that were good aren't supposed to last forever, but they were supposed to happen to teach you something or help shape you as a person. In this fanfic, that's a key point.

-

Alicia and the others rushed up to me the moment Professor McGonagall led McLaggen away, speaking to him quickly and furiously.

People were starting to return to their seats and quieten down, still occasionally throwing curious glances my way.

"Are you alright?" She asked frantically, taking Scorpius' robe out of his outstretched hand and dabbing it on my face.

"Fine." I winced and swatted her away before fumbling around in an attempt to find my wand.

"Here." His low voice said as he walked over, my wand in his hand. "It must have fallen out of your pocket."

"Thank you Professor Malfoy." I nodded.

"That's alright, Miss Fayre."

"Come on, we should get you to the hospital wing." Evan tried to tug me away.

"I'll take her. I'm headed that direction anyway." The professor piped up whilst looking at me with soft eyes.

"Oh- okay..."

"What time's the get-together?" I asked with a small smile.

"Starts at eight o'clock. We'll see you in the common room then to have a few drinks and whatever before we go out." Alicia said quietly, facing away from Professor Malfoy.

I smiled at Evan and the others apologetically before turning to walk out of the Great Hall, Malfoy at my heels. I kept Scorpius' robe pressed to the side of my face. And I went to turn right.

Professor Malfoy caught up with me, looking over his shoulder before gently pulling my arm and steering me the opposite way.

"Wait, what're you doing?" I inquired with furrowed brows. "The hospital wing is that way." I jutted my head.

"I know." He replied, smiling down at me.

"Then where-"

"We're going to my room."

My lips parted in surprise but I didn't protest. Why would I? I felt safe and guarded in his presence... more than comfortable.

The walk there was fairly long; through hallways and archways, up staircases that seemed to go on forever, until we eventually reached a turret of one of the highest towers.

"January thirteenth." He muttered to the door we stood in front of, which swung open upon command.

I smiled. Scorpius' birthday.

A:N: I had to take a guess here and think about the plot of this fic; I couldn't find an exact date for his birthday <3

I followed the professor through the doorway and into a small room, furnished with sofas and a fireplace, two other doorways leading out either side of it.

"Living room... Kitchen... Bedroom... Bathroom." He gestured around as I took in the view.

I looked up to see the ceiling was covered in glass panels, like a greenhouse may have. They were pristine and perfect; the moonlight drove straight through the glass, offering a faint, soft, calming glow.