34

A/N: Here is the long waited, highly anticipated, recently updated (am I a rapper or what?) Elijah's perspective. This chapter is.. interesting to say the least.

"You slept with her.", I state as I sit at the island watching Stiles make breakfast.

We've been arguing about this for an hour. Claira is still fast asleep in my room, she will be for a little longer since she's hungover. If he just tells me what I want to hear, I'll end the argument. But I won't back down, not this time, I let him hide behind his defense mechanisms for too long.

Just say it.

"I didn't sleep with her.", he huffs annoyed while flipping a pancake smoothly.

"The two of you shared a bed, closed your eyes, and let yourself drift into a stream of unconsciousness.", I reply. "What else do you call that?"

"Okay yes—", I cut him off with an 'Aha!'. "We slept together, but it wasn't like what you're implying. You've slept with her too."

"That's the difference between you and I.", I continue to push. "I allowed her to sleep with me so she'd feel safe. I actually want to pursue a relationship with her. You on the other hand have no interest in being anything but her dominant until the school year ends and have said it yourself: you don't like her, you can't. So what other motive would you have to share a bed with her, other than the one I'm assuming?"

Come on, just tell the truth. I already know.

"You seriously think I'd use her for sex?", he immediately gets offended.

"Well what other reason could there be?", I act oblivious.

He stops everything he's doing and runs his fingers through his hair aggressively before looking me directly in my eyes.

"I like her, okay?", he admits and I'm honestly stunned that worked. "I thought I could never feel that way about another girl but— I do. I like watching her dance. I like seeing her smile. I like how flustered she gets around me. I like her."

He looks at me hesitantly, as if he's afraid of what I'll say.

"Well finally!", I exclaim. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to tell me that. Obviously I couldn't reveal to you that I knew the truth because then you'd just get all closed off like you do. But this is wonderful news. You like her, I like her, now we just have to think of a way to tell her. Of course, we'll wait until her hangover wears off then we can discuss the next stages of our relationship since I'm pretty sure she likes us—"

"What? No!", Stiles cuts off my rambling. "She can't know."

"Why?", I furrow my brows.

"I just need some time.", he sighs. "Just because I like her doesn't mean I'm ready for her to know it."

"Well then, I won't tell her a thing.", Melanie says from on the couch pretending to lock her lips.

"Mel..", Stiles begins speaking. "I swear to god if you say anything—"

"You have my word, big brother.", she cuts him off. "I won't say anything."

"You know I can tell when you're lying, right?", Stiles hums as he puts bacon onto a plate.

"I'm not lying to you about this.", she tells him.

"I didn't say about this.", he looks up at her before returning to cooking the pancakes.

"Morning.", Claira yawns as she comes out of my room, she walks up to me, putting her head on my chest.

"What's wrong?", I ask petting her head.

"My head hurts.", she groans.

"Well a hangover will do that.", Stiles states as he clicks off the burner.

"I told you already.", she huffs sitting next to me at the island. "I didn't drink any alcohol."

"Then explain how you got drunk.", Stiles argues.

"I don't know.", she breathes and I can tell she's being honest.

Melanie comes over to the island and Stiles gives us all our plates of food before sitting down to eat as well.

"After breakfast make sure to take your medicine.", I remind Claira.

"I will.", she nods.

"Medicine?", Melanie furrows her brows. "Medicine for what?"

Oops.

"Oh right..", I begin speaking. "Sorry."

"It's fine, Elijah.", Claira brushes it off before turning to Melanie. "I'm schizophrenic. I trust you won't tell anyone. I just found out recently but the medicine helps get rid of the voice that was in my head for a long time."

I'm honestly surprised that Claira told her so easily. She didn't even tell Stiles, he had to put the pieces together on his own. She must really trust her.

"I'm so sorry, Claira.", Melanie starts. "I had no idea."

"It's okay, honestly.", Claira purses her lips.

"No, it isn't.", Melanie huffs. "You were already going through hell and I truly didn't help."

"You were dealing with your own problems.", Claira shrugs. "I don't want you to think just because I have to take medicine that I'm some fragile person."

"This came for you today.", Stiles interrupts their conversation as he hands Claira an envelope.

Claira hesitantly takes the envelope from him. She reads the address it came from and immediately rips it open, pulling out a few pages of lined paper. As she reads over the peice of mail her expression changes. I've never seen her like this before. Her eyes begin to overflow.

"What is it?", Melanie questions curiously.

"It's a letter.", Claira manages to choke out. "From my parents."

A/N: I thought I had to work today but my manager switched my shift to tomorrow so here is an update! I can't wait for this book to be finished, like honestly, I love writing it and watching the characters come to life. But, it's so annoying to know everything I have in store for it and not be able to see it written down. I hope you all enjoy it when it's completed as much as I've enjoyed coming up with it.