04

(TW) Warning: This Chapter Contains Choking

"Are you sure we're allowed to be in here right now?", I question as we enter her dorm.

"Of course.", she smiles at me closing her front door. "I doubt Elijah will mind once you explain to him what happened."

The dorm is an open concept with everything in one giant room that's painted white. I look at how nice and tidy everything is before walking over to the bedroom section.

"It's not Elijah I'm worried about.", I fall back onto her purple duvet covered bed. "Stiles can be a bit..."

"Intimidating.", she finishes my sentence for me.

"Yeah.", I huff. "How'd you know?"

"Well when you grow up with someone for eighteen years...", she begins but I cut her off.

"You guys grew up together?"

"He's my brother.", she says and I'm left in utter shock. "He didn't tell you?"

I shake my head no.

"That's weird.", she shrugs. "Maybe he just wanted us to become friends on our own."

"Well I definitely am going to be your best friend after what you pulled in Mr.Scott's class.", I laugh. "I thought you were this innocent shy thing this morning."

"I just don't talk to many people.", she states. "Most of the girls here just don't really click with me."

"I understand.", I tell her. "At my old school I didn't have any friends. I stayed to myself."

"How did you even end up here?", she questions. "Basically every kid that comes here only does it because they either did something extremely bad or their parents are alumni."

Her question makes my mind flash back to that night. I hear a loud scream and a popping sound. I immediately shake my head to rid my mind of the thought.

"Stole liquor from my parents cabinet.", I lie nonchalantly hoping it's enough to convince her.

"Really?", she raises a brow. "They must've been extremely strict."

"Yeah.", I form my lips into a line before jumping up to walk around.

I look at some old records she has sitting on a table.

"Do you have a record player?", I ask curiously.

"Oh those are Parker's.", she smiles. "He loves old music."

I decide to get her to elaborate more on what he looks like so I can figure out if he's the same guy from earlier.

"So what does Parker look like?", I question not really being subtle.

"Here's a picture!", she exclaims pulling her phone out of her pocket and showing me.

It's definitely the same guy from earlier. In the picture they're sitting on bleachers and she has on his letterman jacket, smiling wide.

"Oh.", I immediately look away. "He's cute."

"I know right!", she giggles. "Like how lucky am I?"

"So what are we going to do to kill time?", I ask changing the subject.

"No idea.", she shrugs. "We could watch a movie.. there's still about fifty minutes left in homeroom."

"Okay.", I nod as she leads me to the living room.

We both plop down onto the blue couch and she grabs a remote, turning on the TV.

"What type of movie do you want to watch?", she questions.

"Hmmm.. maybe something scary?", I reply.

"Okay cool.", she says as she scrolls through Netflix. "They have really terrible scary movies but they're great to make fun of."

I laugh as she turns on a movie called In The Tall Grass. We discuss the multiple plot holes in the movie, and how it's more of a thriller than a horror movie. We're reaching the part when new people are walking into the grass when we both turn our heads to the sound of a knock at the door.

My palms begin sweating as Melanie gets up to answer it. When she opens the door, in walks a furious Elijah.

"Why aren't you in class?", he furrows his brows.

"Uh...", I trail off.

"Let's go.", Elijah states.

"Elijah it's not her fault..", Melanie speaks up for me. "You should've heard some of the things the kids in class were saying."

"Yeah!", I agree. "Besides the teacher was being completely unfair!"

"We'll discuss this when we get to the dorm.", he says. "Stiles is waiting."

"Stiles knows?", I widen my eyes.

Although it was my plan to annoy him, I'm now terrified.

"Of course he does.", Elijah huffs pulling me out of the front door.

I'm in for it.

When we arrive at the dorm, my heart races as Elijah opens the door and we enter. He walks me to the living room where Stiles is sitting. He immediately stands up and darts his eyes at me.

"You clearly need to learn to follow the rules.", he states walking toward me.

"Why don't you make me?", I tease boldly.

Suddenly a hand is wrapping around my throat and I'm being pinned to a wall.

"Stiles!", Elijah yells.

"I've had enough of this bratty shit today.", he curses as his eyes are now dark. "Now are you going to stop?"

Following rules has obviously never been my thing. But something about him telling me what to do makes me want to actually listen. I've never been scared of anyone before, and yet— he scares me.

"Yes.", I nod.

"Yes what?", his grip tightens a bit.

What does he expect me to say?

"Yes sir?", I furrow my brows.

"Good.", he replies letting go of my throat.

He walks away leaving me absolutely stunned up against the wall.

What the hell just happened?