32

(TW) Warning: This chapter contains violence and blood.

"I trusted you!", Melanie screamed landing a hard punch to Parker's face.

"I loved you.", she sobbed still going at it.

"How could you?", the look on her face made it clear that she was in way more pain than he was.

"I.", she breathed.

Punch.

"Fucking."

Another punch.

"Hate."

And another one.

"You.", she finally finishes.

I watched as Mel threw punch after punch at Parker's bloody face. After a while, he stopped screaming and just started taking it.

"Claira, it's your turn." Melanie calls out to me as she stumbles off of the bed.

I crack my knuckles and go in for round 4, I'm not completely sure how he's still breathing but— the more pain that asshole's in— the better. I brought back my fist and hit him directly on the nose.

Shit, that hurt.

"Come on Mel, I think he's had enough now. Let's get going." I spoke softly.

I slowly pulled her away from Parker's unconscious body and put Stiles' hoodie back on before grabbing a couple suitcases from her wardrobe. I began throwing in pieces of clothing I've seen her in that she liked and packed up as quickly as I could. Not long after, Mel joined me and we got through most of her closet. I helped her gather some personal items, trying to hurry.

I need to get her out of here.

"You can stay in my dorm while you get back on your feet, okay?" I told her.

She nodded softly and finished packing up. I glanced around at the nearly empty room, this was definitely more Mel's place than it ever was Parker's. I noticed Melanie was finished and I walked up to only to realize she was crying. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a hug.

"You're gonna be okay. I promise.", I sighed.

We stayed like that for a few moments before she composed herself and wiped her eyes. I dragged two of Mel's trunks out of the dorm room door while she followed pulling one suitcase and a full backpack.

"What are we going to tell Elijah and Stiles?" Melanie spoke out hurriedly.

"We'll just tell them you broke up and that you need a place to stay." I replied.

"And you think they'll believe that?" she muttered.

"They have to." I assured.

I raised my hand and knocked hardly on the door, hearing footsteps heading our way. The door quickly opened and Elijah met my eyes with a surprised look as he glanced behind me at Melanie and all of her things.

"I'll explain later." I told him firmly, leaving no room for discussion.

He gave us way to walk in and I left Melanie to get settled into my room. I followed Elijah into the kitchen and explained why Mel was staying with us, leaving out what Melanie wanted to keep secret and the bit where we kicked Parker's ass. He was shocked to say the least, he allowed Mel to stay though, so that's good.