26

A/N: Here it is— Melanie's perspective. Sorry it took a while but I had to make it make sense. I hope this explains a few things from her view.

(TW) Warning: This chapter contains physical abuse and mentions of eating disorders and suicidal thoughts.

He said he was sorry.

He said he didn't mean it.

He's said that to me ten times now, I've been counting.

I make my way back to our dorm after a long day of classes. I open the already unlocked door and walk in slowly, trying to be silent. I don't know where Parker is, but he's here. He's here somewhere and I don't know what mood he's in.

I just wanted to sleep, I wanted to close my eyes and forget this was reality.

I inch closer to the blue couch, setting my bag down. I walk over to the bedroom area of our studio, checking to see if Parker is there. Luckily for me, he isn't. The door was unlocked, though— so he must be around here somewhere. I suddenly hear water running and realize he's in the shower.

The sound of the water running makes my stomach turn. He always runs a bath for me when he's realized what he's done. He thinks it makes up for it, somehow. He thinks it's what stops me from telling my brother what he does.

But that's not why I don't tell Stiles.

I don't tell him because I'm embarrassed.

I'm embarrassed that I let Parker do this to me in the first place.

He wasn't always like this— the hitting. It didn't start until this past week. He never used to hit me, in all of my past three years with him. But he's just so angry lately, angry about football and how his team hasn't been winning like they used to. Angry about the fact that I didn't believe him when he said Claira came on to him. But most of all, I believe he's angry at himself and the person he's become.

I don't blame him. I'm angry too.

I'm angry that he hits me.

I'm angry that I can't control it.

I'm angry that the one thing I can control right now, my eating, is slowly killing me.

I'm angry that I don't care about the fact that I haven't eaten in days.

I'm angry that I would like the attention I got if I dropped dead right now.

There are a few scars on my face that are visible, so I have to cover them with foundation in the morning. The other ones are in not so visible places. I had to stop wearing my braids and start leaving my hair out to cover the marks on my neck. My eyes start to water just thinking about how one night revealed just how dark he could be.

Did he seriously just ditch me?

He told me he was going to be right back. He said he had to talk to his teammates about something upstairs and that I should wait for him in the living room. The sound of loud mainstream music hurts my ears and I head upstairs, despite his words.

I wonder if Claira is here yet. I texted her hours ago telling her to come. Maybe my brother told her no.

I walk past a bunch of closed bedroom doors, probably filled with sex, until I finally see an open one. It seems empty, but I turn my head towards the corner and spot two familiar faces about to kiss.

Parker and Claira.

"Claira?! Parker?!", I scream. "What the hell?!"

My heart suddenly sinks into my stomach and I can't help but feel betrayed. I ball up my fists subconsciously, ready to punch someone. My eyes begin to water, but I don't allow any tears to fall. My throat tightens and I look between the two of them for an answer.