16. A hole in the floor

Thea's pov
We searched for Ann around every corner and room but still no sign of her. Guilt was slowly eating me up. Maybe I should've gone with her but yet again she was the one who suggested we should go separately. I sighed out. Ann and her stubborn personality, I always worry it'd get her in trouble one day and now it's really happening.

A small part of me assumed that Mr.Wu might have found her and killed her but I always shook that assumption off. I need to be positive for the sake of Ann. "She'll be fine" Zhang ji says out of no where. "...what..?" I was confused on why he said that so suddenly. "It's pretty obvious that you are very worried" He clarify. "Oh-" was all I said. My facial expressions must have gave it away.

Zhang ji's pov
I glanced at Thea every now and then just to make sure she is okay. I can easily tell how worried she was for Ann. She hasn't been her usual self since the argument with Ann occured. I don't like to see her distressed. As we were walking in silence, we heard faint sounds of talking making us stop dead on our track. "Do you hear that..?" Thea asks in whisper just in case the person might hear us. "Yeah.." I answer back in a whisper. "Where could it be?" I queried. "Let's follow the faint sound" I agree with Thea.

We tip toed slowly towards the faint talking when suddenly we heard the wood creak right under where we were standing. And before we knew it, the wood breaks and we were falling down. Thea screamed out of terror so I went closer to her then muffled her mouth with my hand while embracing her. I shut my eyes tight preparing for the landing. I landed on the ground with a thud that echoed through the mysterious room before Thea landed on me after.

I unmuffled her mouth, letting her catch her breath. We examined the room carefully observing for any clues and hoping to find Ann. I looked back up to see the hole in the floor we fell through.

So sorry for not updating for a long time!!! Btw this book is about to end soon and I am gonna work on your requests!