7. Dead

Thea's pov
"Nooooo!!" I screamed in agony. I panicked, pushed past Ann and started going down the stairs in a fast pace. On the last step, I tripped on my own foot causing me fall flat on the ground. I was about to stand up and continue what I was doing to help Luna but before I could do so, Luna's body collides with the ground right in front of my eyes.

When Luna's body collides with the ground, it made a cracking noise, pretty sure the sound of multiple bones breaking. The sound was unpleasing so as the sight making me want to throw up. I swallowed the lump in my throat before getting up and walking towards Luna's body slowly. Blood pooled around Luna's body soaking her clothing.

Her arms that laid limp on the side of her body, her legs that were starting to cover with bruises, her face that was covered with her hair, all of it was a disturbing sight for me. I crouched down beside Luna and started sobbing hysterically. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" I kept mumbling. All those sorry yet Luna's body stayed hobble.

I was crying so much that I started shaking furiously. Suddenly, someone came and hugged me from behind. I looked back shakily to see Ann, Zhang ji crouching at my side. My focus was all on Luna that I even forgot that Zhang ji and Ann were here. "Shhhh it's okay. It's not your fault" Ann comforted. Ann was like a big sister to me, she would always be there for me and I would always find comfort in her.

After minutes of Ann and Zhang ji trying to console me, I finally calmed down but I was still sensitive. "Is she...? Still alive...?" I Zhang ji asks Ann. "I don't know let's check. Thea stay here and don't do anything stupid okay?" Ann warned. I tiredly nodded not having the energy to say anything after all the crying. I watched Ann and Zhang ji with my puffy eyes, only hoping that Luna would still be alive.

After Zhang ji finished checking Luna's pulse/heartbeat and breathing, he looked at Ann and shook his head. Ann and Zhang ji looked at each other disappointed before turning their heads to me. Tears started leaking from my already red and puffy eyes down to my cheeks. Ann practically leaps to me and hugs me again patting my back for comfort.

"Come on let's go back" Ann says to Zhang ji and me. Zhang ji nodded. I was too numb and tired to walk even to stand up and obviously Ann and Zhang ji noticed the situation. "I can carry her" Zhang ji volunteers. Ann not wanting to have a conversation, just nodded her head. "Hold on tight" Ann says and puts me on Zhang ji's back. Zhang ji stood up and starts walking, followed by Ann.

My head kept moving around as Zhang ji took steps. It was starting to irritate me so I buried my face into his neck feeling more comfortable. "What are we gonna do with the body?" Zhang ji asks. "I don't know honestly, let's just go check it tomorrow" Ann respond. As seconds pass, I started feeling sleepier. My eyes were getting droopy and my eyelids started to fe heavy. I started blinking in a very slow pace fighting the urge to sleep. It was getting harder so I finally gave in and closed my eyes. My last thoughts were... Luna is dead...