•Chapter eight•

•Sonic's POV:•
I was at shore, fixing my boat into a mooore, stronger boat let's say. It was midnight and half of the village were asleep, very few awake. I pulled on the rope and wrapped it around some wood planks. I then heard water.
'Odd, I may be at the shore but I'm not that close to the water?' I thought, I looked behind me to see a sudden appearance of water, a flooding!

I pulled my boat further back and then ran up to where the chief should be, I tripped over on a stick, I breathed frantically, ever since that accident, I've been afraid to go into water. Yet a flooding is happening! My breathing was fast as I barged into the chiefs hut.
"What is it Sonic, can't you see we're in a meeting?" The chief said sternly.

"Sir! T-there's a flooding! It's rising up now!" I said, the Chiefs eyes widened as he pushed past me and looked through the opening, there you could see the water rising. The chief turned to everyone in the room.

"Everyone go and warm everyone to pack their stuff and get their family's to the top of the highest mounting. Sonic you stay here with your grandmother!" The chief shouted and everyone went out.

I turned around to face my grandmother to only see her laying down on a knitted blanket, she was pale and her breath was wheezing. "Grandmother!" I shouted running to her side, and knelt down. She opened her eyes and shakily smiled, she took hold of my hand.

"Remember the stories I told you, about the two stranded gods, Angel Amy and Cruck knuckles?" My grandmother said, I nodded.

"Good." She took off her necklace and wrapped it around my neck, "go find those two Demi Gods! And they will help you find Shadow, if they don't budge, be your stubborn self and grab onto their ears or arms and say, *I Am Sonic! From the island Of Comito, I have ventured across the sea to find you two and you guys will help me find the king! King Shadow!" My grandmother said, I opened the necklace to see the shadows soul stone.
"Wait! I can't travel across the sea, not alone. And I can't leave you." A tear fell down my cheek. She smiled weakly. "You'll never be alone Sonic. Now go." She whispered. I got up and did my last prayers. I turned around and ran out towards the sea, I saw everyone heading back to the chiefs hut.

(If your confused, the chiefs hut is at the highest point of the island, that's why everyone is running there)

I turned around and saw the lit Hut, the candles giving the hut a dim glow. I sighed, and looked over the sea, there I saw my boat, it wasn't too far. I ran as fast as I could super to gain some good and water. Slamming them all in a basket including some blankets. I jumped off the island, and my feet landed on the boat.

I put the basket full of my stuff in an extra space, I started to float away from the island. The boat gently went with waves, that were barely even visible. I turned around, and the candles in the hut were blown out. Meaning that grandmother... had finally passed away.

A strong gust of wind flew past Sonic, causing him to fall forward, onto his hands and knees, I looked into the ocean to see a beautiful blue sea butterfly, just like grandmother's tattoo. Her soul had transformed into her spirit animal.
Just like she predicted... she was right...

I'm not alone...