"chohe  se dar toh nahi lagta na?" asked anjula, as ishita raised her brow. 

"chat mein anek parivar hai unke..."informed anjula, as ishita shook her head. 

"iski maut ki baad bhi itna kaam hai.." grumbled ishita, as she got inside the lift with anjula. 

"jab usse jalaogi, it'll be all worth it." comforted anjula, as the elevator closed. 

                                                           ***

meera walked into the kitchen, while rubbing her eyes.

"you are late..." remarked dushyant. 

"hmm, phone kardiya hospital...ghanta lagega aaj hosh aane mein..." retorted meera, as dushyant passed her a cup of coffee. 

"thanks..." appreciated meera, as she started to sip on her coffee. 

"ek baat puchon aapse?" requested dushyant, as meera signalled him to go on with her hand. 

"kya rishta hai aapka aur ishita ka?" questioned dushyant. 

"patient thi uski maa meri...actually, kavin ke paida hone ke 2-3 saal baad jab join kiya tha, tab meri sabse pehli patient thi. she had serious depression, but she never got counselling...i really wanted to help her, so i just gave her pills with guidance from our hospital psychiatrist...i always wished i could just, you know, make her better. ishita kuch din pehle aaye mere paas, apni maa ki death ke kuch din baad, i really regretted the fact i couldn't help her. i guess, i want to help her daughter atleast..." confessed meera, as dushyant just looked at her with admiration. 

"aise kya dekh rahe ho?" asked meera. 

"you know, i, i am just, you go out of your way to help people, just because they need it...even when there's nothing in it for you...i guess, i never thought, anyone could be like that...." complimented dushyant. 

"kyun, there was nothing in it for you to make this coffee for me, tumhe jo bhi jaanna tha, woh bas seedhe-seedhe puch sakte the mujhse, but you still made it....anyone can be like that, you just have to make the choice to be that.." explained meera, as dushyant contemplated on that. 

"you are my son, after all." concluded meera, as she patted on his shoulder. 

he looked at her with bewilderment, as she chuckled at his expression, while she washed the cup by the cinq. 

"ok then, mom, i am getting late...so bye..." he retorted, as she turned back. 

"what, what did you just call me?" questioned meera. 

"bye..." he replied playfully. 

"dushyant..." she warned. 

"haan, mom...." he responded, before he disappeared from her sight. 

a smile crept up on her face, thinking about what just happened. 

                                                                ***

anjula helped ishita fit the suitcase inside the trunk of the car. 

"sach mein, kya khaata tha yeh?" complaint anjula. 

"logon ka chain..." remarked ishita, as she closed the trunk. 

"chalo, meri cab ka time ho raha hai..." said anjula, as she took her leave. 

ishita waved her goodbye, as she was about to get inside the car.

"oye!" exclaimed purvi, as she ran to her car, followed by kavin and dushyant. 

"kahan jaa rahi ho?" asked purvi. 

"waapas ghar....ab mom, dad ke baad mera hi toh hai..." responded ishita. 

"you must want to live alone for now, right?" commented kavin as ishita nodded in agreement. 

"maybe, you should, take off for a few days too..." suggested dushyant. 

"nahi, kal-parso tak college aa jaungi...i have practicals...yeh antim sanskar hai bas, and then, i can get rid of him." explained ishita. 

"do you want us to come along?" asked purvi. 

"no, no...it's ok. you have all done enough...actually a lot." declined ishita. 

"still, if you need help." insisted dushyant, as ishita acknowledged. 

"chalo, take care." wished purvi as she gave her a side-hug, and they all went their ways.