chapter 19

"dushyant! Listen to me, dushyant!" cried purvi, as dushyant was aloof to her misery.

"listen to what! Purvi, i don't think i even know you at this point!" yelled dushyant.

"i made a mistake!" exclaimed purvi.

"you committed a crime...." retorted dushyant.

"and i'm paying for it, even after five years..itna toh jail time bhi nahi hota." Argued purvi.

"oh really?" scoffed dushyant.

"those days, you didn't come to school, poonam spread some photos of me...." informed purvi.

"what!" exclaimed dushyant.

                                                                  ***

Purvi comes to the classroom the next day, barely looking presentable, just somehow managing to come to school.

"hey, purvi...." said a random girl, as purvi was a little uncomfortable.

"if you don't mind can i ask you something?" she requested politely, as purvi just managed to nod her head in agreement.

"how is your 'biscuit'...." she asked, only to laugh hysterically, as purvi just stood there confused.

"oh come on!" said another girl, rolling her eyes.

"what, you were the one who gave it to the class teacher..." retorted the random girl.

"i didn't, it was just in the cupboard, with all that stupid chart paper!" complaint the another girl, as purvi just grew perplexed.

"purvi?" asked the teacher, who had just entered the class.

"yes mam..." said purvi, walking upto her.

The teacher presented a sheet in front of her, where seemingly innocent words like 'biscuit' were listed, only an arrow pointing to them with words like 'butt'. The worse one, was 'cake' for 'sex'. The cherry on top, though, was the fact that it was signed at the end with 'by purvi'.

"mam...i have not..." defended purvi, as the teacher pointed her hand for her to pause.

"purvi, this is inexcusable. You have been using words like these to talk about inappropriate topics with children in the class, whose parents have come forward to complaint about how many of these children were forced into this despite of their discomforts.." explained the teacher, as purvi's jaw just dropped.

"but mam...." intervened purvi.

"see, you have your boards in four months, so we will just talk to your mother, with a 5 day suspension. You are expected to apologise to the entire class for their discomfort..." clarified the teacher as purvi just stood there perplexed.

"will you please, apologise." Commanded the teacher, as purvi stood in front of the entire class, all of them laughing at her face, as she apologised quietly with her head down.

                                                                 ***

  "i was so confused that day, but seeing that smirk on poonam's face was enough for me to know.." revealed purvi.

Poonam is laughing with her friends, as purvi intervenes.

"kyun kiya tumne yeh sab?" questioned purvi.

"because i wanted to punish you..." replied poonam bluntly.

"what!" exclaimed purvi.