chapter 12

Dushyant was allowed to leave when the nurse was convinced that it was just the hot day that got to him, and the first thing he did after getting out, was follow ishita.

"uhh, ishita..." called dushyant as ishita turned to him.

"hi...." he said nervously, surprising himself, as ishita just looked puzzled.

"woh, uhmm, thanks...woh tumne cigarette phenkde thi, mujhe le jaane se pehle..." said dushyant, fumbling in between, as he was so unsure in his body language, he was simply unrecognizable.

"tum thik ho?" asked ishita, as she noticed his condition, and he managed to just nod in agreement.

"anyways, no problem, just, uhh, take care." Said ishita, as dushyant had no idea how was he supposed to take this, it was quite not what he was expecting.

Ishita had already turned her back on him and was starting to walk away.

"ishita!" he called hastily, as she turned back.

"woh, uhh, aaj, main tumhe, drop, kardo, ghar.....toh, is it...." attempted dushyant to utter a sentence at once and failed disastrously.

"thanks, aaj auto rickshaws ki bhi strike thi,so...i was going to ask poonam, but, uhhm, yeah..." replied ishita, as dushyant had started to relax, a bit.

"wait, tum aur poonam kab friends bane?" questioned dushyant.

"after that night only..." remarked ishita, as dushyant formed an 'oh' with his mouth.

"that was a great night for me." Uttered dushyant at one with earnestness.

"me too." Replied ishita with a cordial smile.

"uhh, you must be getting..." signalled dushyant, as ishita nodded and left, leaving dushyant to ruffle his hair.

"smooth..." remarked kavin sarcastically, as he had witnessed all of it, with nothing but the company of a huge chuckle.

Dushyant just stared at him blankly.

"i know, this may seem completely out of the blue, but do you like her?" asked kavin rhetorically, with irony following it. dushyant's glare though, made it more entertaining.

"bas inn wahiyat jokes ke liye itna chalke aaye mere paas." Remarked dushyant, in his usual dry and cold responses.

"aisi hi charming lines sunayi thi ishita ko, uss raaat?" quipped kavin back with a snarky remark, of what would be a never ending series of banter.

                                                                ***

 Ishita came out in the parking lot, giggling and talking with poonam, only to stop in front of dushyant's car.

"hey, dush." Said poonam, as dushyant very disinterestedly acknowledged.

"wow, same face when he asks for cigarettes." Remarked poonam.

"hey, same tone when you pretend you don't need the money." Quipped dushyant back.

"anyways, i'll see you tomorrow then." Said poonam to ishita before leaving.

"i hope you die!" commented poonam to dushyant.

"i hope it happens sooner..." retorted dushyant, as ishita chuckled and got into the passenger's seat.

                                                             ***

"so, what's up?" striked dushyant, in an attempt to break the ice, as he continued to drive.

all my stars lead to youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें