chapter 33

ishita's grandmother knocked on the door of ishita's room, as she balanced the breakfast tray in her other hand. 

"ishu?" called her grandmother, to no response. 

she opened the door in panick, only to find ishita in front of her, packing her bags. 

"yeh sab kya hai?" asked her grandmother, as ishita without any response, continued to pack, and stuffed all of her stuff with rage. 

her grandmother kept the tray aside, as she caught hold of ishita. 

"ishu, baat karo mujhse. kya hai yeh sab!" she exclaimed as she shook ishita. 

"jaa rahi hoon yahan se!" yelled ishita, as she removed herself from her grandmother's embrace. 

"nahi rehna mujhe aapke saath, ya kisike bhi saath..." remarked an infuriated ishita, as she agressively stuffed her bag with clothes. 

"par tum kaha jaogi?" questioned her grandmother. 

"hai mera ghar, jiske kaaran ghar choda tha woh toh  ab raha nahi!" responded ishita with hostility. 

"akele kaise rahogi!" expressed concern, her grandmother. ishita glared at her. 

"aap logo ke saath rehne se bhi kya mila mujhe...."replied ishita, as she zipped her bag.  

"kuch aas-paas ke relatives ko call kardiya hai, antim sanskar karke ghar chli jaungi...." informed ishita, as she picked up her bags. 

"agar thoda si bhi sharam bachi ho, please mat aana..." stated ishita, as she left. 

                                                       ***

ishita reached the parking lot, where her father's car was parked.  she  took out a knife from her bag, that she kept before leaving her grandmother's house, as she unlocked the car with it. she stuffed her suitcase and bags inside the trunk of the car, when anjula appeared in front of her. 

"mujhe lag raha tha tum chali jaogi aaj..." she remarked, as she stood in a formal attire, with a handbag resting on her arm. 

"i think mujhe akele hi rehna chahiye, kuch waqt ke liye....i don't think i can trust someone right now..." responded ishita hesitantly. 

"you should take your time, beta...it's not an easy thing to go through..." encouraged anjula. 

"i am really sorry, ki unhone, aisa kiya tha, aapke saath...it must have been really painful." repented ishita. 

"pata hai, purvi bas teen saal ki thi...meri cheek sunke uth gayi thi woh uss raat, uske kadmon ki awaaz sunke hi bhaaga riaan. bacha liya usne mujhe uss waqt..." recounted anjula, with a tiny smile on her face that ishita reciprocated. 

"aapki beti ne mujhe usse bachaya hi nahi hai kal raat, she has given me a chance at a life away from him....i have a chance to save myself, that my mom never did." commented ishita. 

"toh, ab body kaise leke jaogi?" questioned anjula, as ishita took out a suitcase. 

"lift ab toh kaam kar hi rahi hai..." remarked ishita, as anjula chuckled, before she looked at her wrist watch. 

"you know what, meri cab aane mein das minute hain....let me help you out." offered anjula. 

"are you sure?" confirmed ishita. 

"haan,  waise bhi, main itne saalon mein toh kabhi late hui nahi office ke liye, ek baar ho bhi jaungi kisi ko kya farak padega..." assured anjula, as they started to walk to the lift with the suitcase.