chapter 3

Purvi rushed through her breakfast, as Anjula looked at her with disgust.

"char le, nahi-nahi, char-le bakre ki tarah...insaan thodi hai tu!" scolded Anjula, as Purvi just rolled her eyes.

"aapko bhi yeh sab tabhi shuru karna hota hai, jab main late ho rahi hoti hoon..." complaint Purvi, as Anjula was now provoked.

"shuru hone ka kya matlab! janwaaron ki tarah aise khaogi toh aur kya karungi main.." protested Anjula, as Purvi sighed, suspecting a lecture coming, and well, she was right.

"breakfast is the most important meal of the day, ab agar usse dhang se nahi khaoge toh body kaise chalegi..." explained Anjula, as she noticed Purvi mimicking her actions mockingly.

she paused and glared at purvi, who had caught the hint she was in trouble.

"arre, mom, woh, main toh bas...." defended purvi, to no avail, as anjula looked at her sternly, without a blink.

"late ho rahi thi na tum....jao." said anjula, in a tone that was trying to be too nonchalant, but purvi knew just what to do.

she hugged her mom tightly, as she apologised.

"sorry na, maa!" exclaimed purvi, as she gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"ab dekho late ho raha hai, but kal dhang se karungi nashta, promise!" she said before she left, as anjula just chuckled at her antics.

***

"11 patients lunch se pehle! you have got to be kidding me!" exclaimed Meera, to the receiver on the other end of the call. she fixed her hair and pulled her dress back in an effort to compose herself.

"fine, i'll hurry up!" said meera as she hung up and ran downstairs, only to bump into her son.

"arre, kya ho gaya?" questioned a perplexed kavin, as before he could realise, meera snatched the car keys from his hand, leaving him, appalled.

"sorry, woh, i'm late and satish bhi pehle chale gaye....just, nevermind!" fumbled meera as she headed for the main door.

"arre par main kaise college jaunga?" asked kavin, as meera sighed in frustration and thought of what to do, when her gaze fell on dushyant, casually bitting off the apple in his hand as he prepared to leave.

"you! isse apne saath college le jao!" commanded meera as she pointed at dushyant, who gazed at kavin with nothing but despise.

"what? bond! uhh, road trip for brothers!" persuaded meera, as she left the two of them, unconvinced but helpless.

***

"dammit! yeh driver do minute nahi bus rok sakta tha! aap paidal jao college!" groaned purvi in frustration, as she kicked the door of her society.

meanwhile, kavin and dushyant arrived in dushyant's car, unwantedly.

"you know i don't like you, right?" replied kavin, for a typical never-ending contest of snarky comments had started between them.

"you know i could care less, right?" said dushyant, as he tightened his grip on the steering wheel, and averting his glance back on the road.

suddenly, purvi came in front of the car, as dushyant was forced to hit the brakes.

"what the!" exclaimed dushyant, as purvi banged on the window, which he slid down.

"purvi, what is wrong with you!" screamed dushyant, as kavin just gained his senses.

"arre, woh lift chahiye thi, i'm late..." explained purvi, as dushyant just raised his brow at her.

"tumhara dimaag kharab hai...." remarked dushyant, as purvi's gaze fell inside the car, and she realised it was unlocked.

"i actually....what, purvi!" said dushyant, as purvi took him by surprise and got into his car.

"jesus and mary college..." she announced, as dushyant just shook his head at her in disbelief, and kavin was just amused at the peculiar situation.

"ab chal bhi lo!" ordered purvi, as dushyant, to utter surprise for kavin, got ready to drive.

"unbelievable!" exclaimed dushyant, as kavin chuckled uncontrollably.

"this is the best day, ever..." he remarked while still laughing, enjoying the fact it was annoying dushyant. but even he knew, there was something that clearly bothered him more.

***

hey, everyone! hope you liked it, please vote, share and comment!