chapter 20

kavin jumped out of the couch in the living room where he was seated, when he saw dushyant enter the house. 

"dushyant, kya baat hai, sab thik haina?" confirmed kavin, as dushyant just stayed silent as he looked back, confusing kavin. 

"dushyant, kya baat hai?" questioned kavin, as dushyant just signalled him to come towards him, which he did, still perplexed. 

Only for kavin to come outside of the house, and find purvi in front of his sight. dushyant signalled them to talk by themselves, as he was going inside, only to give purvi a consoling look, as if saying, 'don't worry'. 

purvi stood there somewhat nervous, and even shaking, as she mustered up the courage to confess to kavin of what she did. 

"uhh, sab theek haina, purvi?" asked kavin, as he still couldn't comprehend what was happening. 

"kavin, there's something you should know..." stated purvi, as she started to find the right words to say. 

"tumhare dad ko, uss din accident mein, kisi MLA ke bete ne nahi, maine maara tha..."confessed purvi, as kavin froze at his position. 

purvi had her gaze fixed on him, seeing how he would react, but he didn't even utter a single word. 

"kavin, i am so sorry...i, was just, so drunk, and mere do second ke liye saamne se bas nazar hatti and...." defended purvi, as kavin just managed to nod in agreement. 

dushyant, who had his ears fixed on the door, was impatient for kavin's response, as he had started to get worried. 

only for a sudden sound to be heard, it was loud, as if something had fallen on the ground with hard force. purvi looked in the direction of the sound, to find a bag to be fallen on the floor, and when she looked up to find the owner, it was meera. 

dushyant, came outside in panick, as he found kavin, still frozen at his position and meera, on her knees, in a state where she seemed like she might have cried, if only she had tears to spare. 

purvi tip-toed towards, meera, as she sat next her on her knees. 

"i am so sorry..."said purvi, as it seemed to have no effect on meera. 

dushyant was trying to console kavin, who probably had a harder time, just letting all of this sink in. 

but meera had let it sink in, and in reaction, she slapped purvi so hard that she fell on the floor on her face. 

"kya mila unhe maarke tumhe! huh!" screamed meera, as tears were starting to roll in. 

purvi just lied there, unable to face meera. 

"kyun maara...kyun...." questioned meera as she chocked. 

meanwhile kavin was starting to  be as normal as anyone could be right now, he let a tear escape his eye and got up. 

he marched to his mom, as he helped her get up, and walk to the appartment. dushyant opened the door and gave them the space to come in, knowing that all they needed right now, was each other and time...

purvi still lied there, not able to get up and just be herself now. dushyant walked upto her, as he helped her get up, and gave her a hug. she let her tears fall in his embrace, as he did the only thing he could, console. 

                                                      ***

ishita had been staring at the diary for ten minutes now, her mother had entries of ten days before her death, this could be the crucial information she needed to know. she flipped the pages of the diary with indifference, when her gaze fell on the last page of the diary that had been sticked together. 

she realized from touching the page that there was something written onto it. so, she quickly tore the page apart, leading to a mess of the page on the diary, but she ended up finding the written information. 

it was not intact, but readable. she quickly noted it down on a page that she tore from the diary.  

"yeh kiska adress hai?" she wondered, but knew she would have to rush to find the answer. 

                                                            ***

purvi was sobbing as she rested her head on anjula's lap, who was sitting on the couch, in their living room. 

"maine jaan-bujhke nahi kiya tha, maa!" cried purvi, as anjula caressed her hair. 

"you did the right thing, bache....it takes a lot of strength to do this..." pacified anjula, as purvi held on to anjula even tighter. 

"am i a bad person?" she asked in a whisper. 

"we are never a good or bad person, beta. we are just, persons, who do, good and bad things.." consoled anjula.

suddenly, they were interrupted by the ring of the bell. 

"main zara dekhti hoon, huh.." said anjula, as she got up to answer the door. 

"ji..." received anjula at the door. 

"uhhm, woh..." fumbled the person at the door. 

"ishita!" exclaimed purvi from the couch as her sight caught the person at the door. 

"tum jaanti ho isse?" confirmed anjula as purvi nodded in agreement. 

"i think, aap, meri maa ko jaanti thi..."claimed ishita. 

"uhh, beta.." flustered anjula. 

"jyoti waahlia.." mentioned ishita, as anjula was shocked. 

"maa, yeh..." pointed purvi, as anjula gazed at ishita. 

"beta, kuch hai, tumhare papa ke baarein mein, joh tumhe pata hona chahiye..." informed anjula, as she let ishita in.