Chp5

Chapter 5 ~ His girlfriend

I saw him, he drowned.

Luckily others didn't read through my words or hear the crack in my voice.

"Like half of the nation thinks" Faisal waved it off uncaring.

Zoya nodded, "exactly I mean they saw him jump in the river on CCTV but it can't be proven unless the body is found"

"Or Selena that brings today's news according to recent investigation a girl is spotted visiting frequently in the flower shop. Aarav's grandmother's flower shop yep she finally allowed them; the investigators to go through the shop's cameras. And there's this news about the girl short height in two braids she must be of Aarav's age 16 by that time and hey! She can be the Selena the mysterious girl," Nadia told with wide eyes looking for appraise from Faisal's side.

I froze

"She can be, just like any of his fangirls visiting the shop to meet him he was there often you know..." Faisal stated then shrugged his shoulders announcing he was over with this conversation since he didn't find it that interesting anymore.

"Oh you are right people are in uproar!" Zoya said in surprise, she was scrolling on her mobile screen searching about it.

"Excuse me" I said tightly, leaving.

Zoya nodded half attentively while, she and Nadia hovered down on the mobile probably reading further the discussion on the news on the famous Selena case which had groups, pages, chatrooms and what not? it had become a public case for others entertainment and time pass discussion whereas someone was suffering each and every day since it happened.

π÷π÷π

I moved out of the restroom wanted to runaway from all this or just find a deserted place to sit alone and think or sleep or turn comatose and then wake up when everything gets alright

But does it ever?

I don't know what to do? I wish I could go back my home and live the life that I have left behind and then I realised it's the very same reason for why I left it.

Besides studying, I came here to find peace and to not wake up and come face to all those signs that pull me back in a guilt trip.

Was it the love for him or guilt or both, that hurt and hunted me in this way?

And it could also be fear ruling above all, tying me to not move forward ever

What can I do??

I could go to the police tell them about what happened the day before when Aarav went missing....commited suicide. But what will I say? That I just left those boys to beat him till he couldn't move what kinda person who love someone does that to them?

How could I not know? What compelled him to do so?

Will the police believe me when I say I don't even know any of the boys, I didn't see any of them?

I did inform one of the teachers that something was happening in the music room something very wrong, that day.

I cringed remembering.

I don't know whether she took me seriously, a scared girl rushing and mumbling incoherently. Even if she listened to my words was she too late?

She couldn't have reached on time that's why none of the guys were
mentioned ever or caught

If I was just a little early I would have saved him I would have hold him tightly. He will never know who was Selena just like everyone and that she does exist but in a different way