Chp10

Chapter 10 ~ the fall of the Queen

I walked to where Dikhsha stood she appeared defeated and ashamed under the pressure of people cheering and shouting to see her in torture.

I gently nudged her away, "it wasn't her mistake, it was mine, I stumbled upon shoving her your way and that's why you are like this, I mean like a human strawberry" I told and when I am nervous I speak weird things.

The people chuckled .

Trisha turned her attention to me then sized me up from up to down in search of any weakness and under this blatant inspection and staring of so many people made me less confident and unsure

Yet, I maintained a straight posture, just if we don't count, me pulling the hem of my skirt consciously until I realised and left it. But, Trisha caught that movement, her eyes gleamed dangerously on spotting the sore point.

She folded her arms hotly,"who are you?"

Before I could say anything she cut me off waving.
"okay I don't care. I will call you Naive"

I gritted my teeth

"Naive enough to dare to interrupt me, Naive to think acting like a savior can get you some attention. I admire your guts not everyone has those. So, Naive now that you are saying it is your fault then I guess, you gonna pay for it?" She asked with a sweet voice.

I shuffled hesitantly looking around at the mobiles held up recording and people watching us.

I was really new to this standing up thing, so I didn't know what to say other than being practical and choosing maturity as my first approach in dealing with spoilt narcissistic people, "I am saying sorry and like, you can see it was just an innocent mistake, it happens all around, no one is immune to making mistakes we are humans-

"Oh save it honey," she cut me off rolling her eyes.

I shrugged when some people in the crowd snorted.

At least I was being funny?

Right?

"Take it as your responsibility or you both are gonna have milkshake shower! Right everyone?" She asked back, smirking knowing people will follow whatever she says. The crowd cheered more, though this time they looked actually entertained and curious.

I flushed, at least I was making things interesting.

God, I was such a loser I should leave and runaway, the things that I was better at doing.

My eyes dropped to Diksha who was beaming up at me hopefully.

I sighed, I can't back away otherwise that look will haunt me like the rest of the regrets in my life.

"Okay, leave her alone I'll do anything," I announced with my head held high, determined to face anything. Just a few glasses of milkshake? Ha I have had worse! This would be nothing in comparison to them.