Chapter 37 : Demons of Past

-
Keres the demon who possessed Emily .
Emily's pov will only for a brief to give a better understanding to the story.
-

Emily's pov:

It was a difficult task to escape the grand city and its complicated structure.
A lot of guards stalking everything like hawks made it impossible for me to escape.
But with the help of the demon I managed to get out.
We had to leave early because Keres was an unauthorised entry to the city and her powers were getting weaker the more she stayed in the city.
If we stayed there for more minutes she would have been burst into flames.
After getting out I had to fucking book a plane ticket to Pennsylvania from UK.
I had to steal money since my cards were now no longer existed.
My account was permanently closed after the news of my untimely demise.
I boarded the plane and went to Pennsylvania.

I constantly feared the sun, because the day of the night I died, I slept with a man.
He out of nowhere bit me and drunk from me.While drinking he broke my collar bone and I shrieked in pain.
I remember him feeding me his blood and then he did that compulsion thing and went away.
Than that bitch of a Twink came out of nowhere in front of my car. And the rest was history.

I don't know how can I walk in sun because I remember Keres telling me vampires cant walk in sun .
She says she was doing something which allowed me to walk in the sun for a short time. I found one of the daywalker vampires , killed her and took her locket. So now I could walk freely in the sun.
When I landed on my destination,
I hotwired a car and drove to the location I was supposed to go.
It was an image in my mind that she had printed.
A lonely house on the outskirt of city.
I can feel the presence of a single woman inside. She was alone.

' step out and go knock door.'

I stepped outside of the car in the heavy rain . It was midnight and also very cold.

'somehow get her to invite you in!' she spoke in my mind again.
I dont even know why am I helping this demon.

I still remember what had happened after I died. After the paramedics took my body away from the scene and stored me into a morgue I woke up
inside a furnace.
I tried to get out but it was locked.

The sound of the furnace starting made my blood run cold.
Just as the fire started, I was ready to die but the fire never burned me.
Instead the fire took a shape of woman who sat on top of me.

She hissed like a snake and grabbed my head. The fire around kept burning but it didn't affect me.
She twitched weirdly and then spoke in a weird tone.

" I save you. " She said.

"I- I know. Who are you? What are you?" I asked fearfully.

" Demon" was her vague answer that made me scoot away fearfully.

"What do you want?" I asked and she growled like a dog.

" Revenge. I want avenge my husband." She said . She missed words and spoke like a child.

"I see Nyx Venatores in your mind. You know him? " She asked.
Her words laced with Venom as she took that wretched bitch's name.
" He's - he's my ex boyfrien'd's boyfriend. He took my boyfriend away from me. " I told her.

" I can save you. From this," she pointed at the fire.
" Help me get revenge from him. " She offered.

"How? What do I do?" I asked.

"Let me in. If no then die." She said moved her finger away a bit and felt the hot burning pain of fire in my finger as I shrieked.

" I agree to help. I'll let you in." I shouted in desperation without thinking. She smirked and turned into a cloud of black smoke and entered my lungs.
I felt a huge pressure on me and presence of another being inside me.
The door of the furnace threw open and I crawled out. She told me to bite the man in-charge and drink his blood to complete my vampire transition.
I did as she said.
After she saved me from the place and got me out.