Chapter 26 : Anew

-
Nyx's aesthetic
-

Nyx's Pov:

The sunlight washed in the room and fell over my face.
I woke up squinting my eyes as the golden light fell directly in my eyes.

My back ached but it was the best sleep I had as compared to previous months.
I turned sideways to stare directly at Axel.
I got up on my elbows and stared at his pretty face.

After months I got to admire the beautiful face of my mate.
His face was tired and so dull yesterday as if he had given up on everything but now he laid here beside me , with me in his arms and a peaceful expression came over his face.
I smiled and kissed his jaw.

I wanted to stay angry at him but I couldn't.
If there was someone else in my place they would have either turned their humanity off and killed their mate or they would have left and never come back again.

But I dont think I was strong enough to do either.

I love him so much that I couldn't stay away from him, even the days after that night I yearned for him.

I felt his pain and misery.
I felt horrible as I felt my mates misery yet I didn't do anything to lessen it.

I needed time to heal myself.
I know Axel broke my trust and not only that ,he broke the rules and regulations of the dom/sub relation.

But I understood why.
It was the feeling of betrayal he can't shake and that's what drove him crazy.

His insecurities added to it.
Axel had a larger part in the mistake but I knew it was the mate bond that made him do that.

I saw werewolves and vampires going crazy over their mates.

Axel was just a human and it was expected of him to be angry when he thought I was cheating on him.

What I didn't expect was the things he did.
This memory would always be in my mind and I can't ever forget this.

I believe it played an important role in our story as we came back together yet again and stronger than earlier.

I was and am ready to forgive him if he's still the Axel I love and fell in love with.

My heart broke when I found out what he was trying to do.
Ending his life, self harming, drinking to the point of poisoning and unfocused on his work?
I couldn't believe this was happening with him.

I told Lance and Dylan to look after them but not tell me anything was my own mistake.
I felt guilty for driving him to this state.

But what was I supposed to do?
I myself was hurting and so much that I was inches away from turning my humanity off.

I busied myself with so much work in the castle that I wouldn' t come out of my office for days but stil I couldn't take my mind off him.
So I started the massacres of rogues.

I raided there hideouts and wiped out entire clans.

Nora and Nick were quick to understand what happened and in no time they were on his footsteps.

They told me what happened when they visited him.

It broke my heart and it physically ached me when I heard his wish from them.

All I wanted was to just hold him and never let him go.
In the end I accepted one thing that I loved Axel Walker to the point I would gladly take a White Oak Stake for him.
What made it epic was , the feelings were mutual.

I picked him up and gently laid him on the bed.

He let out a soft whine when I got up to leave and I chuckled and kissed his forehead.
Pulling his covers over his chin I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. After showering I went down to make breakfast.