Chapter 1: Andromeda

August, 1968

Bella had always been the fastest of the sisters, the more energetic, athletic. Andromeda knew this. And it was obvious she was going to win the race.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR LAZY SNAILS!!" Bella screamed almost getting to the lake.

Andromeda had to stop; she was out of air. Andy realized she preferred flying.

She had sneaked with Drissy to The Quidditch Field two months ago. Drissy had wanted to snog her boyfriend, beater for The Slytherin Team. His friend, Jasper Parkinson had been trying to make moves on Andy. Obviously, she wasn't interested. She didn't need a boyfriend. Love was a distraction from school and the future. But at least, he taught her how to ride a broom, properly. It felt freeing, like being a bird up in the sky.

Cissy had dropped to the floor, exhausted and frustrated, she was.

"No, no, no..." she crossed her arms firmly "I refuse to take another step"

Andromeda laughed touching her knees. She watched how Bella had reached the shore. The girl was playing with the water happily, her hair moving in the wind, her robes wetting a bit. Bella was one of the most beautiful girls, Andromeda had seen. And Bella knew this. She cared to remind this to her sisters every time she did something gracefully.

"I was never meant to be sporty. That's for boys" Cissy panted

Andromeda looked at her "Do you think so?"

Cissy shrugged "That's what mommy says"

Narcissa was their mother's favorite. And everyone knew this. On the other hand, Bella was daddy's predilect girl. So that left Andromeda in the cosmos. She never felt like she belonged anyway. But she had never told this to anyone.

"I can't believe she is graduating in a year" Andromeda sighed looking at her big sister. Bellatrix was still enjoying the beautiful weather, the sun on her pale skin.

"Do you think it is going to be different?" Narcissa asked, suddenly filling the chill wind. She hugged her waist "We are still going to see each other, right?"

"You know how daddy and mommy are planning her wedding..." Andromeda sat next to her sister. The wind was unbearable and even with her hair up in a bun, some locks stuck to her cheeks and mouth.

"I thought they were just merely joking" Cissy shook her head "Bella is too young. She hasn't found love"

Andy smiled. There she was. Narcissa the great believer and defender of love. Narcissa had read more romantic novels than anyone. Witches finding princes and warlocks that promise the world to them. Andy was not very sure about love. She wanted to have adventures, travel the world. Her favorite subject was Potions, perhaps she could find ingredients in other parts of the world, to create new potions, the possibilities...

"I don't think they care about that, Cissy" Andromeda answered thinking about the future "They've been planning Bella and Rodolphus' wedding since they were eleven" she rolled her eyes.

The Lestranges were a very important family in the Wizarding Community. And of course, their father would have to tie relations with Mr. Lestrange. Rodolphus, the oldest, was the same age as Bella. So, it was the perfect match, according to their mother.

"Do you think she loves him?" Cissy asked carefully

Andromeda had seen the way Bella treated that poor boy and his brother. The answer was an absolute no. In fact, now that Andromeda thought about it, Bellatrix had not been capable to love any human being that wasn't her family, and herself.